Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ever Wondered What Would Happen If You Stuck Your

I had my car cleaned inside and out the other week, and unbeknown to me they didnt put the car mats back on the clip. SOooo there i was just picked up a mate and pulled off with my foot down for a quick 10 second blat up the road, anyway i took my foot of the gas and the car was still going,, err houston we have a problem..

i tried braking to no affect, so i stuck the car into N, that sorted that problem, now the car was bouncing of the redline repeatedly so i turned the ignition off with view to pulling the mat back and then restarting the engine, whilst doing this my mate says You got in in reverse man, im like no way man, while now having sorted the mat and trying to turn the ignition back on (which it wont do unless its in Park) ive gone a stuck it in to Park...........

All that happened is an audiable clicking noise, which i later found out is possibly the solonoid trying to engage Park, but the car was still moving along, and i can report that the transmission is still working fine.....phew..

oh dear- mate I had the same problem, except mine is a manual so I literally just put the clutch down when the accelerator pedal got stuck. I think a few other people have mentioned this too and lexus sorted them out with new mats or something, although i think it depends on how old ur car is or something. Good thing you're ok and more importantly, so is ur IS300 :D

It's always a brown pants moment when that happens, I did the same on mine on the way back from Japs last year - even went by a copper at 135 and he wasn't bothered!!

Was it a dealers that cleaned the car mate or just a local valet firm?

Might be worth seeing if a bollocking results in a few free valets?

Blame the Kosovans that wash your car.........lazy bugg.er :P

Im surpised you have quick reflexes,considering you drive an auto and a 300 to boot :D  :D

yep, was the kosovans that did it,,

and dont you worry bout my reflexes pete,, im a ninja....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links