Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Coilover Adjustment

MacRS200

Better late than never they say.

Below is a diagram of various settings on a coilover.

Coilover%204.jpg

First two from left to right, show suspension "topped out" and "bottomed out" by winding the spring seat up and down.

Middle one shows the spring seat in a mid position with equal travel up and down and low ride height, the next two to the right show the same suspension travel but with medium and and high ride height.

Like I have said in the past I aimed for about a 2/3 up wheel travel and 1/3 down wheel travel. So with 90mm of total travel from "bottomed out" to "topped out" I was looking for for around 30mm of compression on the spring with the weight of the car. That equalled 5mm of pre-compression from the springs "free length".

The IS is a bit heavier than the Tezza so I would go for 10mm pre-compression and adjust the ride height using the bottom mount.

Hope that makes sense :D

THANK YOU NEIL!! :yahoo::yahoo:

I really appreciate you taking the time to update these diagrams. I'm sure Steve (fitter) will understand it.

I'm just going with the same drop I have now for the moment -(30mm) :D

Thank you again!

Anees

Good diagrams :)

BTW, are you sure there is 100mm of thread on the bottom nut to raise and lower length of the strut?

Not that i'm going 'up' with the strut height lol just wondered what would happen if that was wound up to the point were it fell apart... If u know what i mean ;)

Good diagrams :)

Not that i'm going 'up' with the strut height lol just wondered what would happen if that was wound up to the point were it fell apart... If u know what i mean ;)

Yup know what you mean.

There is a small hole in the side of the lower mount I assume that it is the upper limit of adjustment. I poked a pipe off a WD40 can into the hole to make sure that there was still some thread of the cylinder there, if it went straight through I would worry.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links