Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Geometry Check With Apexi Coilovers

Anees

Hi guys,

Just had a geometry check at Drury Lane and had my rear coilovers adjusted based on the advice given by Neil (MacRS200) :innocent: .

Good news and bad news really.

The knocking has still not been sorted- in fact I'd say its probably slightly worse then it was before but I think I know why.

After I collected the car I was abit depressed that the knocking hadn't been sorted (sorry for the depressed PM Neil - I take part of that back after giving the car some welly ;)) but after work the roads were clear so I took it for a more "enthusiastic" drive and all I can say is WOW! Feels glued to the road and even Paul at Drury Lane said that my car has been stiffened up so much that its like a go-kart! You really have the confidence to "stick" the car into corners (Clarkson impresson over :P )

I attach the geometry report but from what I can see it looks good - probably the best report I've had. The KPI has always been out by atleast 2 degrees on my car this time its much better as is everything else. :D

JUST WISH IT WOULD STOP KNOCKING AND I'LL BE HAPPY! :zee:

geo23Nov05-p2l.jpg

geo23Nov05l.jpg

Would also like to thank Paul and also Tim at Drury Lane for great service and attention to detail.

Drury Lane now also have a website where Lexus and Wheels-in-motion are mentioned alot :lol:

Please take alook and let me know what you think of the site - I told Paul I would get the opinions of the LOC members ;) (Not made by me so be honest! :P)

EDIT: Just spotted it doesn't seem to work properly on Mozilla)

Thanks,

Anees

BTW, now i have my oem 17s back on and the ride height raised, i also have some knocking on the back :crybaby:

Doesn't help i have no stereo either

How much did you raise the ride height by Am? have you tried the advice offered on LOC to see if they are topping out/bottoming out?

I know what the problem is... i need to lower the threaded body down...

But i really can't be arsed it will only be another 3 months and i'll be back on the 19s slammed again lol

I raised it by 6 turns on the back, there is no finger gap on the back though

Anees

Was going to reply to your PM, get the ARB bushes sorted if they are suspect.

I had "knocking" like someone hitting the arches with a rubber faced hammer :crybaby:

Now I got "rattles" when the suspension gets some abuse, like rippled road surfaces. Probably due to worn bushes and other bits and bobs, but the price of stiff suspension has to be a loss of comfort. I sit in the car and it reminds me of an proper mini, you bounce on the seat :D

But worth it for the handling improvement.

Anees

Was going to reply to your PM, get the ARB bushes sorted if they are suspect.

I had "knocking" like someone hitting the arches with a rubber faced hammer :crybaby:

Now I got "rattles" when the suspension gets some abuse, like rippled road surfaces. Probably due to worn bushes and other bits and bobs, but the price of stiff suspension has to be a loss of comfort. I sit in the car and it reminds me of an proper mini, you bounce on the seat :D

But worth it for the handling improvement.

Actually I prefer the ride on the springs - its much smoother and not really much harder then the Eibach springs I was on before - probably about the same. Yes when you hit a pot hole you KNOW you've hit one and the car does make a knocking/banging sound over speed bumps. However I am on a conservative drop compared to yourself and the Lord of the Low - Mr Singh.

I think I know why the knocking is slightly worse then before, but I will PM you so I don' take this off topic.

Regarding ARB bushes - do I just get the normal ones from my local Lexus dealer? Any idea of costs? Are the TRD ones worth getting? I DO NOT want them if they make the ride harder - its fine the way it is.

Thanks,

Anees

TRD one will be firmer...

Stock ones will be good.

Check see if yours have cracks in the rubber, if so change them as they do perish over time.

I have had them checked twice.

First guy said they were ok no play in them, then had them checked again and another guy at another place said they were worn. :duh:

Car is coming up to 70K now with both stiffened springs (coilovers) and TTE AntiRoll bars so as was said in another thread they are probably beyond spec.

These coilovers were off Imi who had them stored for about 6/7 months before they were put on my car.

Is their anything I can try lubricating at the rear of the car that might make a difference to knocking. What would I use to lubricate? :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links