Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is Second Generation Tsb's

Thanks for the info fella..........

No problem....EG001-07 is one I haven't heard about but will keep a very close eye on,as according to the info mine is at risk. :crybaby:

NV003-06 covers the dashboard rattle issue that many have suffered from, although I have not. It would be interesting to know if the rattle has appeared in any cars produced after the production change - after VIN JTHBK262#65020194 from the Tahara plant & JTHBK262#62016345 from TMK.

It's all fine and dandy - mines had all that foam installed, felt, re-installation and the darn thing still rattles. Especially on the morning. Worryingly, the whole Dash seems to have dropped by 3mm on the drivers side and 2mm on the passenger side - you can tell by the pressure marks left on the covers on the windscreen pillars.

I am not a happy Lexus customer...again!

It's all fine and dandy - mines had all that foam installed, felt, re-installation and the darn thing still rattles. Especially on the morning. Worryingly, the whole Dash seems to have dropped by 3mm on the drivers side and 2mm on the passenger side - you can tell by the pressure marks left on the covers on the windscreen pillars.

I am not a happy Lexus customer...again!

I feel for you Jamb. I had the same with my replacement dash but it had dropped on the one side and the gap on the left between the dash and the door was a lot smaller than the dash on the other side. Lex replaced it with another dash (3rd time lucky) and 'touch wood' it looks to be how it should have been to start with now.

Thanks for the virtual shoulder... :crybaby:

This'll be the 5th R&R visit for the same rattles. Lexus's pledge of 3 visits. Maybe I have to start escalating again....if only I could afford to jack it in for something else (and I have been soooo tempted by that new A4 - especially after driving the A5 3.2FSi)...

Not a good advert for the car or the marque...and whilst I love the car, I feel trapped...

The worst thing is that I am past caring now, to the extent where I can't be bovvered to call and book it in....

The dealership remain very good, but they cannot seem to be able to cure it for once and for all.

EDIT - Dayglows - do you get any cold morning rattles now? Does anyone? Is it just me still????

This'll be the 5th R&R visit for the same rattles. Lexus's pledge of 3 visits. Maybe I have to start escalating again....if only I could afford to jack it in for something else (and I have been soooo tempted by that new A4 - especially after driving the A5 3.2FSi)...

Not a good advert for the car or the marque...and whilst I love the car, I feel trapped...

The worst thing is that I am past caring now, to the extent where I can't be bovvered to call and book it in....

The dealership remain very good, but they cannot seem to be able to cure it for once and for all.

EDIT - Dayglows - do you get any cold morning rattles now? Does anyone? Is it just me still????

I have to say that the only rattle I get now seems to be the drivers window rattling in the door frame over really rough surfaces. But it's bearable as it's rare I go over very rough surfaces. I do have an issue with the SatNav though that in buildup areas tents to take a route of its own and loses me as it thinks I am on a different road. I have told Lex about it twice and they say they cannot find a problem with it. Now with the help of the TSB's that Tango has listed there is a fix for it. Phew, Lex just wouldn't listen to that one.

I did contact Lex GB to see if after all the problems I have had, whether they could sort me a out something to get into a different Lex. I had a letter back saying that I could go to a dealer choose a car and then get the dealer to speak to Lex GB who would consider a contribution in reflection of the number of issues and problems that I have had. There was no indication of what that contribution would be.

I did actually try to trade the Lex in for a Merc CLS a few weeks ago but the best offer back from my car from any Lex dealer on a trade in was £15,500 which was below what I would have expected especially for an SE with MM and 22k on the clock. The Lex dealers said that they were all stocked up and therefore were offering below book for it. Ouch... So i still have it and yes I get the odd creak but it's so much better than how it has been I just grin and bear it.

Hi Jambo

I'm new to this forum so please bear with me if I go over old points but I would like to add my 2p's worth. My car is just a month old and rattles like mad from the sat nav sreen. Some days worse than others. To be fair to the dealer they have offered to lok at it but after reading other comments am reluctant to let them take the dash out and casue more problems. My main point is that I'm amazed Lexus still allow prestige cars to be sold with known problems such as this and in some ways won't acknowledge there is a problem. When shopping around for this car, one dealer even told me they had never heard of a rattle problem let alone repair one. Needless to say, they didn't get my business. In some ways Lexus are going backwards. I'm now on my third and my previous IS 300 was much quieter with no rattles or creaks whatsoever. I really don't expect to pay 32k and get rattles like this. Sorry for moaning but its been a bad day and driving home with the rattles got to me. Overall though, I still like the car

Gra

Hi Jambo

I'm new to this forum so please bear with me if I go over old points but I would like to add my 2p's worth. My car is just a month old and rattles like mad from the sat nav sreen. Some days worse than others. To be fair to the dealer they have offered to lok at it but after reading other comments am reluctant to let them take the dash out and casue more problems. My main point is that I'm amazed Lexus still allow prestige cars to be sold with known problems such as this and in some ways won't acknowledge there is a problem. When shopping around for this car, one dealer even told me they had never heard of a rattle problem let alone repair one. Needless to say, they didn't get my business. In some ways Lexus are going backwards. I'm now on my third and my previous IS 300 was much quieter with no rattles or creaks whatsoever. I really don't expect to pay 32k and get rattles like this. Sorry for moaning but its been a bad day and driving home with the rattles got to me. Overall though, I still like the car

Gra

Given Jamboo's rotten luck & that of a few others I would like to know if there is a Factory Theme i.e. Tahara's can have issues whereas TMK cars are

basically bug-free or vice-versa ofcourse?

This would then explain why there was such a difference in build from the start as I know of 3 early- build IS250's (mine included) that have not suffered the dreaded Dash Rattle yet Jamboo certainly has with his IS220 built c. 6mnths after the above!

Tel

My car is just a month old and rattles like mad from the sat nav sreen. Some days worse than others. To be fair to the dealer they have offered to lok at it but after reading other comments am reluctant to let them take the dash out and casue

there is no need to demount whole dash when taking out the sat-nav. They have to remove only the middle AC vents.

The Satnav "rattle" - I take it that it "Squeaks" and creaks profusely from around the screen area when you drive, take corners etc - and you can make it happen whan you lightly press the flanges around the display screen???

Mine suffers intermittently from that - especially on warm days. It's on the 2nd Satnav and the first one was not as bad...Even the LS460 in the showroom had this trait - and I think it's just the way the plastics all "seat" with each other.

The other rattles on mine are very intermittent too - from dep in the dash - and the dash "dropping" is really alarming!!

This morning - not a squeak from the dash. Whereas yesterday morning - same ambient temperature - and it was like driving with a box full of marbles on the dash. It needs it to be very consistent before it goes in again as I don't want to waste my dealers time. I'll be speaking to my Service manager later today with a view to letting them have the car over a week or so - so that they can diagnose the problems first hand. I don't even mind being without a car for a week if they can sort it out. The drivers vent (2nd one now) is also squeaking and buzzing again at first start.

I have less than 18 months of warranty left - and am adamant that I will be keeping this car for 6 years (another 4.5 years) or longer. The temptation to get something else is there, but I have other plans for the money - so that won't change. What it will mean is that my dealer (who has been absolutely fantastic so far) will be seeing more of me between now and end of warranty...

I'll keep you posted...and will get LGB involved again too if I have to...

The Satnav "rattle" - I take it that it "Squeaks" and creaks profusely from around the screen area when you drive, take corners etc - and you can make it happen whan you lightly press the flanges around the display screen???

Mine suffers intermittently from that - especially on warm days. It's on the 2nd Satnav and the first one was not as bad...Even the LS460 in the showroom had this trait - and I think it's just the way the plastics all "seat" with each other.

The other rattles on mine are very intermittent too - from dep in the dash - and the dash "dropping" is really alarming!!

This morning - not a squeak from the dash. Whereas yesterday morning - same ambient temperature - and it was like driving with a box full of marbles on the dash. It needs it to be very consistent before it goes in again as I don't want to waste my dealers time. I'll be speaking to my Service manager later today with a view to letting them have the car over a week or so - so that they can diagnose the problems first hand. I don't even mind being without a car for a week if they can sort it out. The drivers vent (2nd one now) is also squeaking and buzzing again at first start.

I have less than 18 months of warranty left - and am adamant that I will be keeping this car for 6 years (another 4.5 years) or longer. The temptation to get something else is there, but I have other plans for the money - so that won't change. What it will mean is that my dealer (who has been absolutely fantastic so far) will be seeing more of me between now and end of warranty...

Hang in there Jamboo. As you say, I think the squeaks around the SatNav are a 'characteristic'. I get the sqeak all of the time hot or cold but only when going around corners. Also if I push my left leg into the centre console it makes exactly the same squeak. I have been driven slightly insane by the noises in that it now feels like it the cars way of communicating with me. :(

I too have toyed with the idea of keeping the car beyong when the warranty runs out but to tell you the truth it scares me. I already feel that when dealers see my reg they already knock a few grand off bottom book for the trade in knowing it will be a nightmare. Especially as my car now only has 2000 miles on the speedo after it was changed under warranty. Doesn't really show that the cars history is one of reliability.

I think it may be worthwhile speaking to Lex GB to ask about an extended warranty. I think that would be the least they can do for you. Good luck!!!!

Hang in there Jamboo. As you say, I think the squeaks around the SatNav are a 'characteristic'. I get the sqeak all of the time hot or cold but only when going around corners. Also if I push my left leg into the centre console it makes exactly the same squeak. I have been driven slightly insane by the noises in that it now feels like it the cars way of communicating with me. :(

I too have toyed with the idea of keeping the car beyong when the warranty runs out but to tell you the truth it scares me. I already feel that when dealers see my reg they already knock a few grand off bottom book for the trade in knowing it will be a nightmare. Especially as my car now only has 2000 miles on the speedo after it was changed under warranty. Doesn't really show that the cars history is one of reliability.

I think it may be worthwhile speaking to Lex GB to ask about an extended warranty. I think that would be the least they can do for you. Good luck!!!!

Mine is definately a rattle and not a squeak from the sat nav area. It sound as though something is loose and just rattling around. Apart from that it is quiet.

Hi Guys

Not a very active poster on this forum, but an avid reader.

I have 55 Plate (Dec05) 250 SE MM, and have had nothing but problems with rattles/squeaks/knocks since day 1

So far I have had (and still have some of them!)

Centre Speaker Rattle

Offside Front Pillar Rattle

Seat Belt Pillar Rattle

Seat Belt Adjuster knocks on rough roads (Still Present)

Driver seat squeaking

Passenger seat squeaking

Rattle/knocking from behind SatNav like something loose (still present)

Instrument Cluster replaced due to abnormal noises at startup

And now, in the last few weeks, I've noticed rather loud strange creaks/groans (dont know best way to describe it :unsure: ) coming from the front of the car when applying the brake when cornering.

The two current interior rattles have been present for a few months now, but same as Jamboo, I just couldn't be bothered to go back to dealer, as I have spent enough time in there getting the other rattles fixed, as well as fighting to get bumper resprayed after workshop damaged it, all that on top of the regular servicing (have done 54k, I think :unsure: need to check service book to find when speedo was replaced :rolleyes: ) but now that I have a potential problem with the brakes, and its also due for a service, and its getting near end of warranty, i'm going to visit the dealer personally rather than phone to book it in.

I'm considering going direct to the dealer principle with a view to getting Lexus GB involved as well, as I also wanted to keep the car for 6 years, and can't really afford at the moment to change the car, so am looking for some guarantee that ongoing rattle issues will continue to be covered under warranty.

I'll let you know how I get on...This is my 2nd Lexus (previously had is200 for 3 trouble free years) and the shine really is starting to come of the brand. I cant even be bothered to keep her clean anymore with all the problems i'm stil getting :sad:

Darren