Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Fitted Ipod & Phone Kit

I have just fitted a Nokia CK-15W Bluetooth phone kit, with remote display, a Brodit active cradle for my Nokia E65. I used a Plummer phone mount, and an Autoleads 06-913B. This connects at the amp. At the same time I fitted a Harmon Kardon Drive / Play for my iPod, connected using an antenna adaptor, and also a cassette adaptor - sounds awful, but it sounds pretty good, and seems to be the best option for an input into the head unit.

To keep the wiring as hidden as possible, I also fitted a second cigar lighter to power the active phone cradle.

As the 06-913B takes it's ignition sense from the cigar lighter, I extended the 06-913B to power the Drive / Play and the second power outlet.

Touch wood, it has all gone without any problems.

If anyone is undertaking anything similar, and wants any help, please just ask.

FYI the 06-913B mutes the stereo and uses the front speakers fopr the phone, however there is no facility that I am aware of that will actually display "Phone" on the screen, or mute the CD, etc.

Seconded - we need pics. A phone kit is something I'd think about installing too but I hate wires draped across the dash so have never bothered. And my phone, Nokia 6300 doesn't have a designated cradle - I would have to have a 'universal' one which all look crap in my opinion.

:)

Seconded - we need pics. A phone kit is something I'd think about installing too but I hate wires draped across the dash so have never bothered. And my phone, Nokia 6300 doesn't have a designated cradle - I would have to have a 'universal' one which all look crap in my opinion.

:)

Why not just install a Bluetooth car kit?

If you look in my registry (click my sig) theres a picture of my old one, (my new one's in the same place just a sony ericsson one, not a nokia one)

It's just a little control that you press one button to answer calls and the phone can still be in your pocket. or have a universal phone holder to have you phone on.

Stav

My E65 doesn't have a Nokia cradle either, which is why I had to get the Brodit cradle, which is specifically designed for the E65.

As for "wires draped everywhere" I take a little offence at that. Please see the photos once I have gotten around to taking them.

My E65 doesn't have a Nokia cradle either, which is why I had to get the Brodit cradle, which is specifically designed for the E65.

As for "wires draped everywhere" I take a little offence at that. Please see the photos once I have gotten around to taking them.

No offence intended to you personally. What I mean is that the reason I have never bothered with a phone kit before because having one usually means having a wire from the cradle to the socket which looks unsightly. I didn't say YOUR installation would have wires draped everywhere.

Hey, I was only winding you up!

Pics attached, albeit pretty lousy ones because of the glare. Who knew Sheffield could be so sunny!

Note the wire to the cassette adaptor, this is hopefully to be replaced soon with a proper Aux-in adaptor.

post-20908-1194455263.jpg

post-20908-1194455298.jpg

post-20908-1194455338.jpg

post-20908-1194455376.jpg

Shorty - lovin that S1 RST - White Hot!

I had those same wheels on a Mk4 1.6 GL, then a Mk7 1.6 Si, I thought I was the nuts! Seriously though, if they aren't too pitted they look great. Personally I prefer the original RS '7's, but that motor looks really nice.

Live near Wakefield, but I was in Sheffield yesterday and the chap at Timpsons Meadowhall suggested them. Tried Timpsons Meadowhall because I had been told that Timpsons Riding Centre had the necessary equipment but they weren't prepared to have a go.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links