Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oem Nav As Dvd

So there is finally an ipod/aux in for the oem head units, and like a bus soloutions seem to all arrive at the same time!!

like many others on here i have been searching ever since i bought my Lex to convert my sat nav to be able to have other sources run through it ie dvd, ps2 etc...

i now believe i have found a relatively cheap and quality soloution..

i am waiting confirmation on these specs but this is what i believe it will do:

* allow nav to work as normal by passing through the input box unaffected

* auto switch to other sources when they are turned on and manual swithcing.

* on/off switch to complety bypass

* options for 1 or 2 inputs

* reverse camera auto switch mode when reverse is engaged

* IR Remote control switching on top option (also has built in tv but is NTSC so wont work in UK!)

* can be installed at screen end or at nav dvd end in boot

only downside is that you have to spilce into the nav loom but im sure that with the instruction that are supplied and the wiring diagrams that i will be able to put a comprehensive guide to doing this..

so.... the big questions..

How Much?

The most expensive option is cheaper than any other option i have seen in retail so bearing in mind that this has the IR remote and TV the other options should come in considerably cheaper.

Where is it shipped from?

It comes from the good ol UK but has to be specially ordered so may take a few weeks.

Has anybody tried it on a lex yet?

Not to my knowledge but cant see why it wont work!

i am trying to negotiate trade prices ( :whistling: ) and bulk buys.. so that if there is enough interest then we could do a bulk buy!

any interest out there??

OPTION1 - 1 x composite video

*Digital decoding and encoding ensures best conversion.

*Converts NTSC/PAL/SECAM composite video to RGB/Sync or RGSB (Sync on Green).

*Input system auto detection.

*Toggle switch to switch between composite video input and RGB bypass.

*Sync polarity switchable between positive and negative sync.

*Output brightness adjustable.

*RGB and Sync bare wire inputs. RGB and Sync bare wire outputs.

OPTION2 - 2 x composite video

*Digital decoding and encoding ensures best picture quality.

*Converts NTSC/PAL/SECAM composite video to RGB/Sync or RGSB (Sync on Green).

*Input system auto detecting.

*RGBS input loop through.

*Sync polarity switchable between positive and negative.

*Output brightness adjustable.

OPTION3 2 X Composite video, 1 x audio, reverse camera detection

*Digital decoding and encoding ensures best conversion.

*Input composite-video system auto-detecion. Video system can be NTSC3.58 / NTSC4.43 / PAL-M / PAL / PAL-N / SECAM.

*TV tuner for NTSC3.58 Support MTS STEREO / MONO / SAP.

*TV channel auto scanning.

*Car controls for Video/Audio sources switching ?reverse camera / handbrake / toggle switch

*Video adjustments through OSD menu ?Brightness / Contrast / Saturation / Hue.

*Output sync polarity is switchable between positive and negative.

*IR remote control.

*Last memory on input select and TV channel. Default is on TV.

PAL TV TUNER (awaiting confirmation of price)

*Full range of analogue PAL/SECAM channels on TV/CATV systems.

*12V DC operation. Ideal for car video application.

*Two video outputs, 1 audio mono output.

*Auto programming and channel memory.

*PLL frequency synthesizer and auto fine-tune ensures best receiving picture.

*IR Remote control operation

sounds good ... :)

alot of Altezza's come in to Ireland with the JAP sat nav, which is totally useless.... would this system work to allow the screen to be used for DVD's etc?

as long as somebody can comfirm that it is rgb sync and there is a wiring diagram aviailiable for the nav unit / screen then yes!

Wow - you're right - you wait for ever for an aux-in solution for headunit and/or sat nav - then 3 turn up at once.

I might be interested in a base option #1 - I wanna run a hacked xbox as a media centre - but probably best not to count me in as confirmed yet as xmas is coming up and $$$ are tight.

Wow - you're right - you wait for ever for an aux-in solution for headunit and/or sat nav - then 3 turn up at once.

I might be interested in a base option #1 - I wanna run a hacked xbox as a media centre - but probably best not to count me in as confirmed yet as xmas is coming up and $$$ are tight.

Well... it seems that these are the rrp prices for over 10 units so unless we get more than that there may not be any bargaining power!!

the other route i am looking into is buying these as trade and then selling on. Just waiting confirmation on a few queries from them on this..

If anybody knows where we can get the connectors that plugs in the nav unit then i may be abe to get a complete plug and play system working on any of the options!

Always liked the idea of having reversing camera linked to the nav screen. so would be interested.

have been looking at the wiring and believe option1 can bet wired to auto switch to the camera when reverse is engaged.

I'm interested too, but not too keen about hacking up the standard wiring - if it can be plug and play then I'd definitely be interested in getting one.

Also, can the cost of option 3 be reduced by removing the TV tuner - would be interested in a freeview tuner if this can be added though

I'm interested too, but not too keen about hacking up the standard wiring - if it can be plug and play then I'd definitely be interested in getting one.

Also, can the cost of option 3 be reduced by removing the TV tuner - would be interested in a freeview tuner if this can be added though

I have had to remove the prices quoted at the request of the company as they can only deal to trade. I am however working on a few options which should solve this and hopefully make this a full plug and play soloution! ( and shouldnt affect the price too much if at all!)

As for the tv tuner, there is a PAL version that should be aviailiable v shortly so that may be of interest.

So do you still need to have the factory headunit in your car, mines long gone but i still have the motorised screen and sat nav box in the boot doing nothing!

If you're not using the actual satnav, then can't see any reason why you'd need the standard headunit. The sound from the DVD player or whatever would go through the headunit you've got at the moment, you'd only be using the satnav screen for the visual aspect........

Please correct me if I'm wrong though :unsure:

Do keep us posted on this though, definitely interested if the cost is reasonable........

So do you still need to have the factory headunit in your car, mines long gone but i still have the motorised screen and sat nav box in the boot doing nothing!

If you're not using the actual satnav, then can't see any reason why you'd need the standard headunit. The sound from the DVD player or whatever would go through the headunit you've got at the moment, you'd only be using the satnav screen for the visual aspect........

Please correct me if I'm wrong though :unsure:

Do keep us posted on this though, definitely interested if the cost is reasonable........

Sorry stupid hungover post!! i have a dvd player in the car already just would like to make use of the satnav screen for something without to much work!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links