Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Colour Code Rear Parking Sensors

I had the Lexus sensors fitted & colour-coded to both my current & previous IS. On both the paint has flaked away from the 'rubber' part of the face of the sensor between the outer bezel & the 'bullseye' bit (sorry, don't know what else to call it).

Am wondering if this has happened because they simply coated it with a thin layer of paint & didn't lacquer it?

On my first IS, after about 8-9 months, the sensors started to play up about 20% of the time. So far on the current one, they're ok. Dealer said it was possibly down to having them painted, which is apparently the official Lexus line.

Thanks people.

I suppose that I could give the rubber bit a thicker coat and the sensor face a lighter spray.

I guess I'll give this a try in a couple of weeks when I paint my calipers... just got to decide on the colour now

Yup,

As all have said above.

I painted mine - got spray can and lacquer from lexus dealer. you can spray it - couple of thin coats will do the trick, then a coat of lacquer and it will be fine.

Don't put it on too thick though - it won't pick up anything and you'll hear a bang next time you reverse!

Test your curiosity - I did. I didn't want to have utter faith in them till i tried them - so a mate of mine stood behind the car and walked slowly towards it - we measured him randomly and the sensors were near enough perfect, so I was happy in trusting it after that point!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links