Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm told that my brake calliper carrier unit has seized and the carrier unit with the bits to go with it need replacing. Apparently one side pad moves back and forth and the other doesn't. Just wondering if anyone knows if this is normal and what causes such a thing?

My first service after buying the car both my front calipers were seized and the mechanic managed to free them for an hour or so labour, I must add that this was not a Lexus service! like Toyota they never seem to remove the wheels and check the calipers , I have had a lifetime of Toyotas and the service is always the same the wheels are not removed every service and thats the reason I dont go there anymore.

I'm told that my brake calliper carrier unit has seized and the carrier unit with the bits to go with it need replacing. Apparently one side pad moves back and forth and the other doesn't. Just wondering if anyone knows if this is normal and what causes such a thing?

Was it front or rear? The rear calipers were known to be a problem, and I had the units replaced FOC on my 2005/6 SE-L twice, once under warranty and again on a recall.

Was it front or rear? The rear calipers were known to be a problem, and I had the units replaced FOC on my 2005/6 SE-L twice, once under warranty and again on a recall.

it's the front. i had the n/s calliper replaced under a recall a while back. but the calliper carrier unit and pins that have apparently seized are the front n/s one. just wondering what can be done to prevent this in the future? does this occur due to maybe brakes being installed wrong or over tightened by the garage during previous brake pad / disc changes?