Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Speed'.
Found 2 results
Hi, I have a GS300 2006 with 80k miles on the clock. Recently, I have experienced acceleration problems and was advised by a Lexus dealer that the rear brake callipers had seized. I have got the problem fixed by an independent garage (JEM). This is resolved the problem to some extent but the car still does not accelerate as fast as it used to. I feel as if the car takes a while to go beyond the second gear. Any suggestions to remedy the issue? Many thanks !
Whats up fellow lexus people, I need some advice with my current mk1 GS300. I've fallen into a state where I do not know whether its worth keeping and spending money on, or letting it go. It a 95' M reg standard model with 95k and service history up to 74k. Since I've owned it, the only work that I have done to it is a back-box delete, and oil changes every 5k. Problems: The body work has a few dings and scratches; the back windows don't work; the cup holders are broken; the CD changer doesn't work; the front left lower arm bush needs replacing; there is an oil leak; some of the LED's on the dash don't work. Now baring in mind that I only paid £300 for it, is it worth pouring in more money to fix up the issues and run low level boost? My intention was to turn it into a highway cruiser/ tourer, but considering the costs to do this, would it not be better to start with another base? My alternatives were a 3000GT, an e39 540i, or an RX8. A BPU 3000GT will run around 380 at the crank but parts are harder to come by. An e39 will cost a lot to boost but the v8 sound is gorgeous. I've already own two rx8's but at the time I was in college and never managed to pull enough money to work on them. I have have been offered to swap my GS for an FTO Tip/auto Mivec. Are these any good or should I avoid it?? I love my the noise the 2J makes and the interior is nice on the MK1 GS. It doesn't get as much attention as my supra which sucks, but oh well. What do you guys recommend I should do?? My initial budget as of this moment is about £1500. Should I trade her in for something else or stay pure?? Any advice or encouragement is appreciated!!!