Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where To Buy Replacement Bushes.

spanky

Looks like my lower control arm bushes are shot at the front.

I'm looking to replace most of the bushes on the car so I'm wondering where is best to get the parts from.

I want to improve the handling without affecting the comfort. If I decide to stiffen the car up I will go down the coilover/ uprated anti roll bar route.

Cheers, Nathan

• 2 weeks later...

If you do go coilovers look at the Meister R ones as they are softer than the Japanese ones or BC. I have Meister's Eibach roll bars and spacers and a second hand cusco front strut brace. yes it is of course firmer than standard, but it doesn't shake your teeth out and puts a real smile in your face through the bends and roundabouts. And it does look good too not going too low, but just low enough and the wheels pushed out. And just beware of eBay, there are some bargains there but some rubbish too. good luck

I had meister zeta s on my Mx5 and absolutely loved them. Great suspension, more on the side of fast road and track use. I'm not so sure how the Europa style will stand up. Can they be stiffened right up for aggressive track work, though only occasional.

Don't worry I'm not one of these dickheads that buy cheap nasty coilovers just for "lows" and to be accepted into a "scene". Unfortunatley the mx5 world has gone that way, full of clowns that want to be drift kings but are destroying a great handling car. Mx5 has always had a poor reputation due to its " hairdresser" image. Once you've driven one though its a plucky little fun car.

I want to sort out the bushes first before I go buying coilovers though. Anti roll bars might be higher up the list though.

Is there anywhere in particular that everyone uses for standard bushes?