Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oem Head Unit Installation

Hi, I bought a Lexus IS200 sport that came with the head unit in the boot, and had an aftermarket ISO that bypassed the amp. I have removed the aftermarket ISO and reattached the amp output back in. But somehow the wires coming out the car for the radio do not fit in to the head unit! The nav wire clips in but the stereo cable is a completely different attachment.

Can you guys give me a heads up on what I need to do to get this working.

I figured that the OEM head unit probably had a disc changer fault so I stripped it to find a CD in there so that's came out! :)

post-53295-0-86206300-1431286883_thumb.jpost-53295-0-67315000-1431286965_thumb.j

Anyone know why I have the wrong cables coming out the car for my head unit?

My head unit has the tape deck on top and correlates to the same one in my breif guide booklet frok lexus my car is the Sport model, I have seen the cars with head units that have just two clip stereo's. I'm very confused why I don't have the correct clip to go into the two left sections and the far right section shown above. Is this not the head unit that came with the car or am I missing cable attachments?

I'd really appreciate any help guys I have searched forever for why my head unit takes so many more cables than my car has to offer and just come to thread after thread of amp bypass for after market set ups, I went to go Scrapyard's on a Sunday that said they were open online and not in real life -_- I can't get to anywhere to find out as the car is sorn so please any info is greatly appreciated

I'd say you have the wrong head unit for your car, they did a few diff model numbers and they had differant connections in the back, top loading cd and bottom loading cd!

• 5 weeks later...

Mr Google is your friend on this one. There are at least three or four different variants of the OEM radio/cassette/CD player unit. Some have the CD slot at the bottom, some at the top; and the connectors at the back apparently differ. The relevant model numbers include 13901, 13902, 13903 and 13906 (there may be others). The number is on the front panel by the cassette slot. You may need to check to see which version of the head unit was original to your car's model-year.

Hi. Rather than start a new topic I thought I'd ask here.. I've just bought an is200 sport (with audio amp). However the head unit is physically damaged and someone has cut all the connectors off the cables! The amp is still wired to them...

Rathwr than having to find an original wiring loom and an amp bypass cable and as its already been canibalised, how hard would it be to rip out the existing amp and run new cables to behind the head unit for f&r, l&r spealers and an rca/power to the boot for a sub?

thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links