Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anyone replaced the chrome strip set into the front bumper of an LS430 ? I only mention the front one because my rear chrome insert is perfect.

I did it on my last LS400 as it started to come unstuck in very hot weather, plus it was looking a bit tired. I got the self adhesive stuff from Halfords, it did actually look very good. I'm going to do the same to my current one soon as it's also looking a bit tired.

• 1 year later...

I am reviving this topic because both of my bumper trim strips are looking tatty. The "chrome" coating is detaching from the strip. In places it is slightly puckered, and in a couple of areas actually peeled off. I think new strips would transform the look and have ordered some trim strip from amazon, but would welcome any feedback from anyone who has tackled the job on their car.

Jon

Once the old trim is removed clean the area where it fits thoroughly with ISO-propyl alcohol or similar, warming up the bumper with a hair dryer helps adhesion of the new trim.

The original trim has black plastic end caps but just neatly cut the ends on the replacement stuff.

• Like 1

Well, both strips removed today. Lots of sticky debris left in the channels. So far I have tried WD40, iso-propyl alcohol, degreaser and the pressure washer, plus scraping away with a plastic knife. At current rates of progress I should be finished around Spring 2018. Any more suggestions?

Jon

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, Bluesman said:

That colour is the business makes that car look a million $$$$$. Can we see the inside?

All compliments gratefully received. I loved the colour when i saw the ad for this car, and have never seen another.

Jon

20170329_110610.jpg

• Like 2