Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got a call from my dealership today to say they are taking orders for the new RX. I have placed a fully refundable deposit to secure a slot for estimated delivery next March.

The UK specifications will be forwarded to me in the next 2 months. I've been told by the dealer that all options available on the Premier will be available on the F-Sport with the exception of HUD ( not 100% certain). Will see if this is true or not in the coming months. If not I will stick with NX and have the deposit refunded.

Will do Lee. I really thought the NX would be sufficient for my needs. Unfortunately it isn't.

I am 6 ft 4 inches tall. So whem I'm driving the seat is adjusted quite far back so it encroaches into the rear passenger area substantially. My 5 year old daughter is also very tall for her age. So if she sits behind me her legs are literally touching my headrest.

If I try to put my 6month old daughter behind me in her isofix seat, I have to move my seat forward a lot so her carseat fits properly. When all of us are in the car it's WW3.

Conclusion: Don't get married and have kids!

Couldn't agree more mate. I drove the new Kia Sorento today in KX-4 spec. Really impressed by the build quality and absolutely huge spec. Put off by two things - no HUD, and the Kia badge. But I'll be honest, it's so good that if you took the badge off the car, you would really think you were in a Premium brand vehicle costing far more. I reckon the car will be giving the likes of Audi, Mercedes and BMW a few sleepless nights, undercutting one of their similarly specced cars by £15-£20k.

As you mentioned Kia , we ( wife not me ) are considering a Ceed estate or the Hyundai equivalent as our second car, since they are the same company. Great car and equipment. BUT , I am a little bit of a badge snob😳. I know it's wrong etc but I just cant bring myself to buy a KIA.

I decided against the AMG because I wasn't happy with the ride quality, or the cost of the options I wanted. Nearly £48k for what is basically a "hot hatch" is just too much. I may start looking at ex-demos, but Merc dealers don't tend to spec them very well, and the cars are very rare. Not surprised at that price!! I'm also interested in seeing the BMW 330e specs, because a car that can do 22 miles on electric power, but still manage a 0-60 time of 6 seconds sounds ideal for me. Once again though, I think the price is going to be very high.

I decided against the AMG because I wasn't happy with the ride quality, or the cost of the options I wanted. Nearly £48k for what is basically a "hot hatch" is just too much. I may start looking at ex-demos, but Merc dealers don't tend to spec them very well, and the cars are very rare. Not surprised at that price!! I'm also interested in seeing the BMW 330e specs, because a car that can do 22 miles on electric power, but still manage a 0-60 time of 6 seconds sounds ideal for me. Once again though, I think the price is going to be very high.

£48k or less is brand new GS450h F-Sport territory.........

Huge discounts on the GS450h at the moment! Practically like £7k off lol

I would never buy the GS in the UK since half the options are bloody missing!

HUD available everywhere except the UK.

Night vision everywhere except the UK.

LED headlights everywhere except the UK and on and on!

I would never buy the GS in the UK since half the options are bloody missing!

HUD available everywhere except the UK.

Night vision everywhere except the UK.

LED headlights everywhere except the UK and on and on!

LED headlights and HUD are good. Night vision is practically rubbish lol.

A car manufacturer really needs to come out with a night vision windscreen which changes at night to help road users see things they wouldnt have seen otherwise.

The issue isn't whether the options are good or bad.

It's that we aren't allowed these options in the UK. But outside the UK they are offered. Are we not worthy of the options, or are we considered not worthy?

The issue isn't whether the options are good or bad.

It's that we aren't allowed these options in the UK. But outside the UK they are offered. Are we not worthy of the options, or are we considered not worthy?

I understand what you mean. My beef is with the lack of HUD and ML mainly. Having driven both the NX300H and NX 200T though, it appears I have a larger problem than the options list with the NX. Whilst the 200t is quick and lively enough for me, I feel it does not have the refinement of a hybrid drive train. That's not to say that it isn't refined, it's perfectly refined but going from a hybrid to a non hybrid makes the 200t feel ancient.

Then with the NX300H although the hybrid refinement is there, it's not quick or lively enough for my needs. Now the perfect blend would be the NX300ht but that doesn't exist!!

The best hybrid car I've driven to date is the Volvo V60 D6. 31 miles on electric power alone up to about 75mph, 285 bhp available, and 0-60 in 5.8. No HUD, but Adaptive cruise, lane depart, blind spot and traffic sign recognition come in the Driver Support Pack. The Harman Kardon 650w Dolby Pro 12 speaker stereo is also excellent. The downside is the £55k + price tag for a decently specced car, but there are some low mileage bargains around on 64 plates.I had the car on loan for 2 days, did 170 miles, and averaged 97mpg. Rather puts Lexus NX consumption to shame.

I have received a "spoof" order form from the dealership stating that I have placed a refundable deposit.

Pricing is £58500 plus VAT. Total is £70200 ( There is no way I will be paying this price!)

This is for the Premier model.

The best hybrid car I've driven to date is the Volvo V60 D6. 31 miles on electric power alone up to about 75mph, 285 bhp available, and 0-60 in 5.8. No HUD, but Adaptive cruise, lane depart, blind spot and traffic sign recognition come in the Driver Support Pack. The Harman Kardon 650w Dolby Pro 12 speaker stereo is also excellent. The downside is the £55k + price tag for a decently specced car, but there are some low mileage bargains around on 64 plates.I had the car on loan for 2 days, did 170 miles, and averaged 97mpg. Rather puts Lexus NX consumption to shame.

All well and good but you forgot the 3 biggest downsides of all - Volvo brand image is not very strong, it looks awful and young buyers like me (47 but told I look 35 hahaha) wont be seen dead in one!

I have received a "spoof" order form from the dealership stating that I have placed a refundable deposit.

Pricing is £58500 plus VAT. Total is £70200 ( There is no way I will be paying this price!)

This is for the Premier model.

Surely thats not right? WTF a price hike of £14k? lol

Are you sure its not £58500 inc VAT and ONR?

Who sells a car without VAT anyway hahahaha!

Exactly my point. £70200 inc VAT. WTF??!!!

That is crazy! Which dealer sent you that?

Going to give Lexus UK an email right now to confirm that price lol.

If that price is right, im getting an RR Sport

Invoice

Holy crap that is shocking lol

You sure they got the right car? Sounds like they're giving you a quote of an LS or possibly a GS-F! ha! I was expecting £5k tops but not £14k lmao.

definitely on the phone to Lexus UK now

Let us know what the say. With this pricing there is absolutely NO WAY I'll be buying.

Although TBF, I just configured a few cars to the same spec as an F-Sport -

RR Sport HSE Dynamic - £70k

Volvo XC90 R-Line (T6 320HP Petrol)- £70k

Audi Q7 3.0 TDI S-Line - £66K

The F-Sport should be cheaper by £3k at around £67k which puts it sort of in the middle of the pack.

The details are too scarce, need to see what the full spec list is. Might be buying an ex-demo this time around. In 6 months it'll be £55k lol

Isnt the 200t coming though? Might be a lot cheaper than the 450h.

Let us know what the say. With this pricing there is absolutely NO WAY I'll be buying.

Had a chat with a finance manager for Lexus UK. Apparently, Lexus Europe has not a set a price yet so no market currently has the ability to set a price - which is odd since you've got an invoice lol.

Weird! Will have to wait for official pricing. Although if true that's a huge jump from current pricing.

Did that come from Lexus Leeds? And is it cash or finance? May have some weird interest in there which could easily add £5k over 3 years. I wasn't expecting that much of a jump - maybe £65k for a Premier and £60k for a loaded F-Sport but whoa! lol.

My car is going for a service on Wednesday (3 years already!!!) so will enquire about it.

Its entirely possible that the RX200t which has been confirmed for the UK will sit £2-3k above current Lexus RX prices and the 450h could be £3-4k more than the 200t of equivalent grade.

Id expect an RX450h F-Sport to be £60k loaded but not more than that as the price hike is too much. It'll seriously affect new RX sales IMO and consequently lead to greater depreciation as I think they'll struggle to move these tanks off the lot due to their sheer size.

In reality - a £65k 450h F-Sport will be on the lot 2 months later as an Ex-demo for £58k and in 6 months at £50k or less. Reminds me of the RC-F lol (Lexus Scotland have one for £58k with 1.35k miles on and its only 2 months old). Its got ML and TVD too so must have cost £65k new.