Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yesterday I parked my car up in the car park at work and on my return later that day all 4 windows were down about 2 inches? Not good as it was a bad day for rain and hailstones too.

Just wondered why this was? Is theyre a key press on the fob that could have caused it?

Just wondering if its something I did

Thanks in advance for any help on this

:)

Heard of this before.

Think its a setting input at the dealership....something to do with airing the car on a hot day...prior to jumping in.

IIRC it is activated by holding the 'open' button longer than normal. Thereby the car not only unlocks but the windows open too.

Carl had this on his 250 when it was snowing...not too handy.....he surmised maybe his toddler had got at his key fob at home.

Maybe something in whichever pocket was pressed against the open button without you realising.

Perhaps go out to the car and test the theory??

Not sure...might be possible to deactivate it at the fob itself?

Hopefully someone in the know will be along shortly.

• Like 1

Like Normski said

Its an option the car has to open the windows remotely by holding the unlock button down on the remote fob for approx. 3 seconds.

The option however opens the windows until the button is released - you may find it will happen if you have something pressing on the button if you have the keys in your pocket. The reverse happens if you press the lock button on the remote, the windows will fully close.

The close feature is a handy option but I don't really see the benefit of opening them remotely as it also unlocks the car doors. It would be handy if only the windows open and doors stayed locked.

You can disable this function - I'd recommend doing so - I have had it happen, inevitably on a wet day. It's caused (if not intentional) by the fob in your pocket - every remote I've ever had has operated inadvertently if you bend down or the fob is squeezed in your pocket. The Lexus is no different, but the remote seems to have a longer range than most, so an inadvertent trigger in the house will send them down, unknown to you, on your drive or whatever. I have it disabled now.

But it's a TechStream function - you need the proper TechStream software and OBDII connector- dealers can do it but they'll charge. You can obtain it - on eBay, allegedly illegally - but the EU Motor Vehicle Block Exemption Regulations (BER) directs that car tech information and repair instructions should be freely available (to prevent franchise dealer monopoly) so I doubt that dissemination really is illegal - I think yet to be tested in court though..

• Like 1