Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aftermarket Stereo

Hi all,

OK so I'm new to Lexus and this forum. I have a 2000 IS200 and i want to fit an aftermarket head unit but keep the stock amp and speakers.Is it correct as Halfords claim that the connects2 harness CT20LX02 will do this.

Thank you in advance for any help you guys can give.

Rob.

If you're fitting an aftermarket headunit, it's pointless using the stock amp, as you're new headunit will have an onboard amp, meaning you'll have to use pre-outs to connect to the stock amp. Just get the amp bypass cable, which connects the speaker harnesses to the new headunit's ISO harness, effectively by-passing the stock amp (hence why it's called an amp bypass cable), allowing you to keep the standard speakers.

• Like 1

Hi Matt,

Cheers for the heads up also does this mean with the amp no longer in use the rear speakers need to be changed as they are the 4 and 2 ohms doubles

Rob

• Like 1

Like Nigel just said - using the amp bypass cable retains use of all standard speakers. And yes, it means the stock amp is no longer in use.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all i have a is200 (y reg 2001 ? ) im having problems connecting my new head unit up to the old cables ive got a pioneer app radio to fit in the car instead of the old 6 cd changer one (my stereo model is toyota 86120-53041) i went to my local Halfords for the cables and they typed in my reg and showed me the cables however they were completly diffrent to my cables in the back of my head unit. i searched online to find some cables that would fit and convert it but had no luck so i decided to cut all the cables and connect them manually together however all the colours are diffrent so i dont know what cables go where and i cant find a wiring diagram for the stock head unit that use to be in my lexus to find out what cables go where ? can anyone help me out or have they had this problem or do they know what colour cables go to the ones in my block connector that i have for my new stereo ? It has the colours, Green, Green & Black, Red, Black, White, White & Black, Blue, Orange, Yellow, Grey & Black, Grey, Purple & Black, and Purple ??

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, new to this as well.

I am getting my 2003 IS200 Sport Cross tomorrow and the first thing I am doing is taking out the stock stereo with the disc changer.

Is the amp and wiring different in the sport cross than the saloon?

also where is the best place to by the double din to single din conversion

Thanks

Matt

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links