Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Much Floor Space In An Rx?

Can one of you RX owners tell me how wide, and more importantly, how long is the floor space in an RX, and do the rear seats fold and lay flat?

Ta

Hello the floorspace is gargantuan actually. I cannot believe how much room is in the car considering its length. I have room to put every item I ever need in the back seat while the enormous back cargo area holds my disability scooter in its 5 separate components parts. and the back passengers aways commenting on how much space they have. all in all it is excellent and like going everywhere in first class.

Hello the floorspace is gargantuan actually. I cannot believe how much room is in the car considering its length. I have room to put every item I ever need in the back seat while the enormous back cargo area holds my disability scooter in its 5 separate components parts. and the back passengers aways commenting on how much space they have. all in all it is excellent and like going everywhere in first class.

It's something I've considered as an alternative to an estate car, but if the back seats don't fold then it wouldn't unfortunately work for me.

Hello the backseats do indeed fold down flat

Thank you, I think I'll look out for one that comes up locally and see it in the flesh. I didn't want to waste my time looking if the seats remained in place. Thanks for your help.

The only thing I ever had trouble with was a double bunkbed, couldn't quite get the door to close with all of it inside the car so I had to tie it down and listen to the open door alarm beeping all the way home.

I would have managed it if I didn't need to keep the drivers seat well back to accommodate my tummy!

The only thing I ever had trouble with was a double bunkbed, couldn't quite get the door to close with all of it inside the car so I had to tie it down and listen to the open door alarm beeping all the way home.

I would have managed it if I didn't need to keep the drivers seat well back to accommodate my tummy!

Now that's an image I can't seem to shift!

Hi Phil

The rear seats do fold down but not completely flat. They go almost flat but you get a slight upward slope of a few inches towards the front seats.

The seats, as Colin says, move backwards and forwards and they also recline.

The seats fold down as 60/40 split but the middle armrest section can be folded down independently giving you 40/20/40 which can be handy for long thinner items if you still need two seats in the rear.

However, the rear wheel arches do intrude into the load space a bit so you might need to take that into account for loading wide objects.

Hope that helps.

JBP