Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sourcing Parts

Hello, I've got a 1997 GS300 and need a few parts;

New antenna, as it doesn't extend.

Drivers door hinge pins as it sags a bit.

New roof mouldings (the ones that run along each side of the roof) as it looks like there been off to change the wind screen and don't sit down on the screen anymore, causing wind noise.

There's also a slight knock from the suspension which I'm yet to diagnose.

Is a Lexus dealer the best place for these parts or will I only be able to find them in scrap yard/ebay?

Thanks

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

I believe the antenna is the same as the LS400 and you can normally just replace the drive/telescopic part, there is a tutorial on how to do this on www.lexls.com. The required part is generally available on eBay.

Door hinge pins you're probably better off getting new ones from Lexus but they only come as a complete hinge,for the driver's door the part numbers are upper 68710-30140 lower 68730-30110 priced around £40.00 each. Unusual for these to fail unless the car has been in an accident resulting in poor alignment?

Re the trim do you mean the 2 pieces that run down the edge of the windscreen and the other that runs along the top as I can't find roof trim for that model?

Hello :)

Thanks for that, yeah I do just mean the two either side of the windscreen, I wasn't sure of their name...

Not sure if the car has been in an accident tbh.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links