Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello, Newbie From The West Coast.

philmstar

Hi Guys (and Gals?),

Just sharing the news of my long awaited purchase of a 2000 LS400. :) Have always desired one but way TOO expensive back in the early 90's. I'm now retired here in Oregon, USA and these cars are all over the place and very well looked after (One is currently aiming at 1,000,000 miles!)

Got mine for less than 5K, it's a 1 owner, lots of service history, LS400 (Sep 99) in awesome condition (Less than 5K miles a year). Already have it in for a full 90K Service (Water Pump, Timing Belt etc.) not because of the 72K mileage, but 15 years is a long time and I want "Piece of mind", this now MY baby.....

Besides all the usual Lexus "Goodies", it has the additional SatNav, Moonroof, Chrome alloys, Memory heated seats, 6 Stack CD Player with Dolby etc. which were not standard over here.

I am already building a kit to allow .mp3 play through the audio and adding a reversing camera, guess I will have to remove the wired analogue phone in the centre console! lol

Looking forward to using all the great advice and tips I've already found on here, cheers.

PS: I do get back to the West Midlands quite often, but I guess NOT with the Lexus :)

Welcome to the LOC.. im fairly new like yourself.. ive never owned a LS but have been driven in one.. and its is a mighty fine car. So enjoy it, Lexus are very reliable and full of Luxury.

• 2 weeks later...

:D Many Thanks for the Welcome Messages :)

Just completed my first task and have created a spare Master Key for a lot less than Lexus asked. My car only came with 1 master key and the "Wallet" Key. :(

Purchased a blank master with remote buttons off eBay.usa ($28), sent it to another eBay member for laser cutting ($32) and programmed the Transponder (Using Brake/Accelerator tap dance etc.) and also programmed the Remote functions (Using Door Lock/Unlock proceedure).

Now have a spare master key that opens/unlocks everything (Even remotely opens moonroof/windows) and of course still switches off immobilizer and starts car. Well pleased as cost less than 45 UK pounds!