Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx 400H Towing Fuel Consumption

Just got back from a 350 mile trip from home to Bakewell 200 miles of which was towing a 1.7 Te caravan. I was hoping for a little better fuel economy that 21.1 MPG (I rest the trip comp before starting). THe car towed very comfortably and easily coped with what Derbyshire could throw at it but I was expectime a little better than 21.1. Any thought about what you get while towing etc.

I|was towing at 55 to 60 on the motorway an what ever I could safely do on the A roads in Derbyshire!!

how much you get on cruise control at 60mph motorway without towing?

I think you must be driving my car Peter :D

I can sometimes get 21mpg towing a 1.7T caravan but it can drop as low as 17mpg (depending on hilliness I guess)

My car on its own will do a true 28mpg on motorway cruising even though the computer suggests it's doing 30mpg.

Mike

if you mean that one of the bars in your graph is showing 40mpg for a 5 minute slot, I can confirm that I very often see 60mpg in those 5 min windows, and have seen consective 60mpg bars .... but the true consumption is nowhere near and even the computer average seems to discount these 'rogue' bars on the graph.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Just completed my first caravan to 300 miles from Gloucester to Coombe Martin and return. Met some mean hills but romped up them no problems.

Ave consumption 18.1mpg, but I was a bit heavy on the gas in order to maintain 60mph

I hope to do better when on a less hilly twisty route and can cruise at a steady speed.

I would hope to achieve at least 22mpg. Oram I being to optimistic...

Robert