Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

One for the electrical guru's among us.

Just wondering if the following faults I have noticed just this morning are related:

• central locking not working from remote (everything works manually off the key)
  • radio wont switch on
  • no interior lights

Hopefully its just a fuse issue, any help appreciated.

i would do these

check battery in remote

check fuses

last resort, disconnect negative battery terminal for 10-15 min and hopefully reset should do the trick if its electrical glitch.

agree with the above - if problems persist check car Battery is good

Thanks for feedback chaps.

Have checked a few things out, Battery in remote locking key fob is fine as is car Battery.

Nothing else appears to have failed since yesterday.

Going to check fuses tomorrow as could not see the fuse panel in the drivers side footwell.

Can someone identify where to look for it, is it under the carpet by any chance?

Cheers.

If it is the same as the Mk3, it is just to one side of the steering column - on the right of the column I think from memory. The fuse box has a white square plastic cover on it.

It is hard to see without kneeling down outside the car with the door open and looking upwards.

Good luck in finding it!

Had a good fiddle around and checked all fuses in drivers side foot well fuse box and in the main fusebox in engine bay, problem turned out to be a blown 'dome' fuse.

Further checking indicated an intermittent fault with the main front interior light.which seems to only come on when it feels like it. Wiggling the bulb brings it on. Changed interior light fitting and problem is still there. Not sure where to look next but at least I have my radio and remote central locking back.

The scenario with the bulb sounds like the bulb socket may be shorting,try to take it out and check out the wiring or the terminals within the socket .the fuse is blowing for a reason.

The scenario with the bulb sounds like the bulb socket may be shorting,try to take it out and check out the wiring or the terminals within the socket .the fuse is blowing for a reason.

Does seem too much of a coincidence, but 16 year old fuses sometimes die of old age, too

I really think its the wiring thats at fault now. I had a very complex aftermarket alarm that was playing up professionally removed a couple of years ago and the chap who did it may have missed something.

Regarding fuses, I checked a fair number and they were all identical and looked very original with no signs whatsoever of ever having been removed.

I can live with the intermittent interior light operation, though may check the courtesy door light switches on the front doors just in case.

I have no doubt that you are correct in that theory ,the LS400 wiring and electrical system is probably as good as you will find in a production saloon car.

The Mark I I had for 16 years and was 23 years old when I sold it never had a bulb replaced or blew a fuse in all that time and it covered nearly 200k before it was scrapped at 24 years old.This is why I do not like adding any type of electrical accessories, they will unbalance the system if not fitted properly to the car and most of the shops that fit them do not analyze the system and its affects before connecting the item up.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links