Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Color Combo To Go For , Pick Yours

I reckon Mike and I are the two most traditional guys on this forum (some people might say boring old f&rts)..........but the Lexus, as it comes out of the box, is just perfect.

• Like 4

Cant beat what she was given when she was made. Mike.

Couldn't agree more. Mine came with aftermarket alloys on it, which are OK, but if I could find a set of originals that I could afford I'd change back to the stock look as soon as possible :)

Tulpen ......... when I bought my Mk3 off ACLex on here ( 4 years ago now ) he had changed it to a DHP ........ and offered me the option to restore it to original, which I was glad to accept ........ nothing quite like the original styling methinks

Malc

If you wanted the boy racer look you should have bought the is200 (probebly the worst lexus ever made in my opinion) as I know alot of people do stupid things to make it stand out. Unless you want to go for a proper vip look on the ls430. But you may have to spend thousands on it

• Like 1

i recon the GS and LS' wear deep dish alloys best especially on silver colured cars i recon blacked out alloys and red calipers looks good on darker cars. Ive recently acquired a GS430 and considering subtle VIP mods

post-39192-0-75064500-1432921007_thumb.j

post-39192-0-17128100-1432921035_thumb.j

i posted same question on some other sites.

majority so far is in favour of stock look, and some say go for full VIP look.

so basically leave it as it is or spend thousands.

I was also wondering, when time comes to sell it, it would be much easier to sell it as standard clean car.

no need to spend 1000's subtle vip mods looks good stick to 18's ,dont lower suspension, light smoke tints, and a pro detail treatment and thats it just like the GS above not OTT.

right, so after getting some feedback from you guys and other forums I have made my mind up.

so here is my list so far.

1. 35% tints all round

2. wind deflectors

3. front 501 side light LED's

4. Front fog lights 9006 LED bulbs

5. Rear number plate LED bulbs

6. Front and back Aluminium pressed metal plates

7. Interior LED upgrade

8. Trunk / boot light LED upgrade.

Pics to follow soon.

Im on hunt for some nice alloys, until then OEM alloys would do :)

I am hoping that as a Lexus owner which shows you have good taste you will only be using the Fog Lights when its Foggy and not join the rest of the brainless tasteless and dangerous idiots that drive around with them on all day long even when the sun is shining and on clear nights when they are even more dangerous. Mike.

• Like 1

LED fog lights bulbs are not that bright to dazzle oncoming traffic.

My idea is to use them as day running lights.

some new cars now a days have got crazy bright day running lights, i mean bright enough to dazzle oncoming traffic.

What is the argument for not using just side lights/dipped headlights and why do you feel you need to have daytime running lights as you call them? Mike.

all new cars now a days come with mega bright day running lights, in fact some of them are so bright they are worst then some fog lights but you get away with it because they are factory fitted day lights.

why do you think they introduced day running lights ? why not just side lights and low beam ?

Im not being cheeky here, it is valid question i have in my mind.

............ driving thru' Italy the laws stipulated that in most areas one has to drive with daytime running lights ........ my dipped headlights were ok, most cars with fixed built in day running lights weren't at all intrusive or glaring.

Problem I had was remembering to turn them on when I started the car ............

............ but then it was common place to see police driving cars with a mobile in hand pinned to their ears !!

Malc

right so here are few pics. I went with 35% back windows for just now. front two i am still not sure.

what you rekon guys, go for 50% front or 70% or leave it as it is.

also small LS430 chrome decal at back doors.

front LED fog bulbs, but they turned out to be not too bright, I'll see what they are like at night time.

IMG_4372.jpg_zps9sq4lwvw.png

IMG_4371.jpg_zps7lyjhkyt.png

IMG_4376.jpg_zpscrictoxa.png

IMG_4373_zpsdqhft1hc.jpg

IMG_4378_zpsqpjqatcr.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links