Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Ls430 Tips & Tricks Hidden Features

Hi Guys,

It took me ages and lots of online searching to find some feature tips n tricks here n there. I have hand picked few ( hand clicked :) )which i really liked.

so here they are. If you have any thing to add please feel free.

Thanks

When you put the L/R mirror on and you put your car on reverse, the mirrors turn downwards allowing you to see the floor behind.

If you hold the unlock button on the remote down for more than 2seconds all the windows roll down

There's a rotary knob underneath driver's side dash that adjust the loudness of the beep when you lock and unlock your car ( i have not tried this yet )

Smartkey: If you leave the key inside the car and try to lock the vehicle using the door buttons it can detect the key is inside the car and warns you with a long beep ...how does it know whether the key is just inside the door or just outside in your pocket? Beats me.

Smartkey (2): You can assign seat setting presets to each individual key (husband and wife for example) by pairing a key with a seat position preset button (1, 2 or 3). From then on whenever that key unlocks the car the seat will automatically adjust to the right position without having to press the seat memory button.

Bluetooth Phone: You can get around the "can't dial when the car is moving" problem by simply dialing the number from the phone in your pocket - it will still come through hands-free once the connection is made.

Bluetooth Phone (2): If you have a PDA that uses your Bluetooth phone to sync it won't work while the phone is connected to the car. To get around this temporarily you can tell the car to try to connect to a different phone that you have previously paired (just borrow one for this purpose). As it attempts to pair with the other phone (the other phone doesn't have to be present for this to happen) it will release the current phone and therefore allow you to sync your PDA. Just reverse the process to pair the phone with the car again afterwards.

Bluetooth Phone (3): If you switch off the car during a handsfree conversation the phone will offer you option of transferring the call back to your phone to continue it (works on Sony Ericsson T610 at least).

Door Storage Pockets: You can actually pull these and they will swing outwards 45 degrees to more easily get to items.

I Agree Button: You can get rid of this prompt on the Nav system by saying "I agree" into the voice recognition system when this screen is first presented rather than pushing the button. Be aware the voice recognition system in the LS430 isn't all that great (as you know) so it might require a few attempts until it correctly acknowledges the command.

Rear massaging seats will change speed if you hold down the button

The 3rd button bellow volume controls on sterring wheel is preset volume memory button. set your volume to where you want it tobe then hold the 3rd button down for about 5sec untill you hear a beep. (I got my set to very low volume, so i can just tap it when i need to answer my cell)

Don't forget the little roll of material behind the rear view mirror to keep the sun out of your eyes. Just pull it down...how neat is that

• Like 3

The only voice recognition in my car is the wife's

& recognition isn't acknowledgment. All power to you sir! :)

I used to have Joanna Lumley...

.. sat on my phone.

I still miss her saying: "Darling, you'll have to turn round"

Katana, I tried talking to the Lexus dame as advised, but no joy.

Though she hasn't said much to me since I spanked her for parking me outside the new Birmingham Rep. when I had clearly stated I wanted the Masshouse car park.

I think the Lexus Lady as one of the sexiest voices on the satnav systems ,It reminds me of that schoolmistress I had who just showed enough cleavage to make it embarrassing to walk back to your desk after visiting her for marking at the front of the class.Ho happy days.

I think the Lexus Lady as one of the sexiest voices on the satnav systems ,It reminds me of that schoolmistress I had who just showed enough cleavage to make it embarrassing to walk back to your desk after visiting her for marking at the front of the class.Ho happy days.

We must have been in the same class!

There was a Frenchman who had an LS 460 and who was out with his wife for a leisurely Sunday afternoon`s drive. She offered the instruction "Go home" and the car took them both to his mistress!

Regards

John

• Like 1

I tried " I agree " today but didnt work well for me and every single time set climate control to 30 Degree

then i said "screen off " and she understood straight away.

also volume knob to adjust locking unlocking beep also doesnt work for me

infact i dont get any beeps at all.

Well only after 2.5 years ive discovered the rear middle headrest can go up and down with the little button on the side

maybe im not quite the "guru" the avatar title claims i am LOL

Well only after 2.5 years ive discovered the rear middle headrest can go up and down with the little button on the side

maybe im not quite the "guru" the avatar title claims i am LOL

No no, it is because your mind is at a high level so trivia passes beneath you.

I'd like to use that excuse for losing my navigation book :(

I can account for the other Lexus books and wallets, but not the one I want to look at.

AJ started it, then this forced me to think my car might have voice recognition too

http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/ls-430/2001/road-test-2/

Is the UL much different in spec to the UK PP? (their steering wheel being on the wrong side excepted).

The sun visors can be extended, so when you've got it rotated to cover the side window you can pull it towards you so that it covers further along the window.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links