Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Takeda Arrived But Wrong Version!

Hi,

i have just received my Takeda intake for the F. Great news but I've been sent the Pro 5 R version (oiled filter) and not the Pro Dry S version ( dry filter)as advertised......yep bought of eBay but from a well established seller. Anyway taking into account the potential cost and hassle of sending this back to the US just thought i'd sound out you guys with Takedas fitted as to which version you are running and more particulary if any of you do have the Pro 5 R version have you had any issues with it aside from the prospect of having to reoil it a some point.

Cheers

Exactly the same thing happened to me, they had advertised one Fleabay from a US supplier as a Pro Dry but it was an oiled one that I was sent. In the end due to hassle and time delay of returning I just used it. TBH there is nothing wrong with the oiled version, and you can either buy a new dry one (or oiled) when you replace it in a couple of years, or clean it using an AFE (Takeda) or K&N cleaning and re-oiling kit.

The dry filters are still quite a new innovation and the oiled ones do just as good a job and have been used for years (K&N still only make this variant).

Guys thanks for your input and Grey One that helps to put my mind at rest!
Having done some further online research there is surprisingly little commentary on the differences between the two filters on any of the US forums. But perhaps more importantly nothing particularly derogatory about each either: Now I'm no techie but aside from the obvious difference of the dry being easier to clean than the oiled, the dry apparently offers fractionally better filtration but the oiled gives better airflow.
Following a lengthy, but speedy, thread of e-mails with the seller yesterday evening transpires they had only just restocked this item (the factory inspection list in the box confirms this as it was only manufactured on 30 April 2015) but interestingly on them checking seems AFE now only do the Takeda for the ISF with the Pro 5R filter (AFE's own website now only shows it available like this too). Being an establish AFE dealer they do believe that the Pro 5R is better suited to high performance car use because of the better airflow. I'm going to keep what I've been sent. The seller, as an apology, is sending me a complimentary cleaning and restore kit for when that time comes. Although should be good for a few years before it is needed bearing in mind I live in the Isle of Man and so the air isn't exactly grotty, although with NO max speed limit on derestricted roads there is the opportunity for some serious air sucking pace.
Stu being a biker you'll no doubt be aware the TT festival is on here at the moment (tons of ITV4 coverage). That means the entire mountain section of the road race course is made one way for traffic for 2 weeks (for safety reasons believe it or not)......in other words pretty much a closed road with no speed limit. Fantastic opportunity to REALLY stretch the F's legs.

Guys thanks for your input and Grey One that helps to put my mind at rest!

Having done some further online research there is surprisingly little commentary on the differences between the two filters on any of the US forums. But perhaps more importantly nothing particularly derogatory about each either: Now I'm no techie but aside from the obvious difference of the dry being easier to clean than the oiled, the dry apparently offers fractionally better filtration but the oiled gives better airflow.

Following a lengthy, but speedy, thread of e-mails with the seller yesterday evening transpires they had only just restocked this item (the factory inspection list in the box confirms this as it was only manufactured on 30 April 2015) but interestingly on them checking seems AFE now only do the Takeda for the ISF with the Pro 5R filter (AFE's own website now only shows it available like this too). Being an establish AFE dealer they do believe that the Pro 5R is better suited to high performance car use because of the better airflow. I'm going to keep what I've been sent. The seller, as an apology, is sending me a complimentary cleaning and restore kit for when that time comes. Although should be good for a few years before it is needed bearing in mind I live in the Isle of Man and so the air isn't exactly grotty, although with NO max speed limit on derestricted roads there is the opportunity for some serious air sucking pace.

Stu being a biker you'll no doubt be aware the TT festival is on here at the moment (tons of ITV4 coverage). That means the entire mountain section of the road race course is made one way for traffic for 2 weeks (for safety reasons believe it or not)......in other words pretty much a closed road with no speed limit. Fantastic opportunity to REALLY stretch the F's legs.

I am indeed watching it. Had no idea you were given that kind of access! Amazing :)

Just watched some of the TT. Why do they bother with the front wheel, it hardly ever touches the ground!

The TT riders have a screw (or more) loose! Incredible talent.