Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Obtaining Sport Grille And Black Lamps.

Aaron90

I just got my IS200 and I love everything about it but I wanted to make a few minor visual tweaks but I'm having trouble finding these mods in the UK even though a fair few people seem to have them. I am looking for the mesh grille with the lexus badge and the sport badge on it. I was also hoping to find a set of headlights with black interior casing rather than chrome. Anyone who might know where I can find this stuff in the UK would be awesome.

Below are pictures of my car for anyone interested.
20150409_092445.jpg
20150409_092458.jpg
20150428_180620.jpg

Some say the grilles are still available from Lexus/Toyota, however some say they are all sold out. So contact lexus breakers or keep an eye on eBay as they often come up for sale. Expect to pay between £50 and £100.

Lights are easy. Remove from car, place (one at a time) in the oven at 110-120º for 4-6 mins, and pull the clear lens from the grey housing. The chrome shroud simply lifts out, rub down with a scotch pad, and paint in the colour of your choice. Put back together by heating in the oven again and pressing the lens into the sealant on the housing.

My advice - if you're painting the chrome shroud black, firstly do it satin black, and secondly, get some tint spray and tint the orange filter for the indicator bulb too.

wsid0017.jpg

Thank you very much for the advice! Although I think I might buy a 2nd set of headlights to paint as I'm not particularly confident about taking them apart and getting them properly back together.

I literally just did it. Very easy - 110-120º (fan oven) for 5 mins, turning halfway through. Soon as timer goes off, remove, and lift the tabs around the headlight, and begin pulling from the front corner (the bit that would meet the grille), spreading the tabs as you go. Just make sure no part of the headlight touches the top back or sides of the oven. I put mine directly on the rack shelf, close to the bottom, making sure no part of the headlight touched the sides or top of the oven.

To reseal them you need to heat as you did before (110ish for 5 mins) and press them back together and hold while they cool.

How to make what not show?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links