Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sc430 Cd Option Not Working

Hi all,

just bought a 2006 sc430 and thought everything was fine with the car, I now have found that although radio and tape deck work fine, pressing the CD button does nothing, there are 2 cd's in there and they have been working fine for a couple of days. If I press the load or eject buttons again nothing happens. I have also tried changing to cd player via voice control and although the command is recognised again nothing happens, the radio continues to play with no evidence that any other item has attempted to play.

I am aware that many have experienced issues with these cd players but my understanding is that they are usually accompanied by an error message. I am not getting any error message so am now stumped.

Have disconnected Battery and reconnected but that didn't have an effect, I have disconnected again and going to leave for 30 minutes or so to see if that makes any difference.

I have searched the net but cannot find anyone who has had the same issue, ie no error messages and no attempts to play the discs.

It is almost as though it thiinks there isnt a disk in but then if that was the case you would think it would allow me to insert one but that button doesnt work.

I am assuming that there isn't a separate fuse for the cd deck, if anyone knows different please let me know.

If anyone can advise anything I can try to resolve the issue it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

If you decide to take the player apart there are some instructions here:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/97504-the-dreaded-cd-error-code-4/

Thanks Colin, looks a bit daunting. Forgot to mention in my post that the carpets were being steam cleaned today, am wondering if any steam/moisture may have affected something, did wonder if humidity may have caused the two discs to stick together depending upon how they are seperated in the mechanism. might try the bang on the dash trick tomorrow but assumed if this was the case I would get the error message. Cannot see how my fishing around the boot tracing the parking sensor wires could have done anything but its the only other area that has been worked on today.

Anyone know if there is any element of the cd unit which would be connected in the boot?

I'd see how things go for a day or two in case any moisture needs to dry off.

Hi Colin,

Might be my only option, am putting off checking it this morning as cannot face the dissapointment if still not working. Would consider some form of ipod kit but as the cd element just isnt functioning an aftermarket ipod kit may not work either. Oh woe is me...

That is a relief ... as it is disappointing when things go wrong when you have just bought the car. I would rather know what does not work from the outset - a minor glitch!

It certainly is, so far the missing module for the parking sensors is the only issue I have found and was aware that they didnt work before purchase so back on an even keel now.

Thanks

Very impressed you had a cassette tape to test it.

If it wouldn't load, eject or connect to the CD changer it sounds like an issue between the two parts of the Fujitsu Ten head unit. Hopefully just some moisture on a contact or something similar but if later the mechanism needs investigating, it's easy enough to inspect, just be very careful with the delicate connectors.

Very impressed you had a cassette tape to test it.

If it wouldn't load, eject or connect to the CD changer it sounds like an issue between the two parts of the Fujitsu Ten head unit. Hopefully just some moisture on a contact or something similar but if later the mechanism needs investigating, it's easy enough to inspect, just be very careful with the delicate connectors.

Hi Neil,

Thankfully everything was working fine the following morning, must have been the steam cleaning although the roof was down so more care in future.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links