Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, i'm on the lookout for a 2005/2006 GS300 SE or SE L, what i'd like to know is what extras the SE L has over the SE? I believe that the L has the Mark Levinson audio but what else is there, active cruise? I've had a search but can only find info on the IS range..... If I were to upgrade the stereo in whichever one I buy am I likely to get any problems from one over the other (compatibility with aftermarket amps/speakers etc? My other car (SL55 amg) has the Bose system and its a real pig to upgrade the audio without ripping it all out!

Thanks

I have an SE and too be honest when I bought it I presumed it was an SE-L as it seemed to have everything my is250 SE-l had.

Mine certainly has the mark Levinson which I believe is standard on these cars.

From what I have read the noticeably different between SE & SE-l is SE-L has a sunroof, wood steering wheel and gear knob and as you mention the active cruise.

I guess it depends whether you want these extras or not.

Personally I do like a sunroof but it isn't a deal breaker.

Thankyoufully all models in the GS range come well loaded so if your like me I attended to go for the best condition, fewest previous owners, full service history and lowest mileage for my budget.

What ever you end up with I'm sure you will love.

Carl

This Lexus UK page offers a range of past brochures for models inc. the GS marque. I think it only goes back to model year 2008 but that should give you a good indication of the differences between SE and SE-L.

Scroll down to the 'past brochures' area and use the drop down

http://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/your-lexus/#/Introduction

hth

M

Whilst the SE-L has upgraded equipment compared to the SE, items such as Sunroof, Adaptive Cruise Control and the wooden steering wheel are still optional extras. And (for some reason) it seems that the ACC is only an option if you have the sunroof as well.

Visually, the easy way to tell the two apart is that the SE-L has the boot spoiler and (on earlier models) tend to come with 5 spoke alloys rather than the SE's 7 spoke.

Whilst the SE-L has upgraded equipment compared to the SE, items such as Sunroof, Adaptive Cruise Control and the wooden steering wheel are still optional extras. And (for some reason) it seems that the ACC is only an option if you have the sunroof as well.

Visually, the easy way to tell the two apart is that the SE-L has the boot spoiler and (on earlier models) tend to come with 5 spoke alloys rather than the SE's 7 spoke.

I agree about the optional extras although my SE also has the boot spoiler so I guess that was an option to.

Carl, as far as I am aware, the Mark Levinson system is only available on SE-L. If you have that and the boot spoiler then I am guessing that yours is an SE-L. The differences between the SE and SE-L are so slight that I frequently see dealers listing them incorrectly.

Thanks for all the replies guys, tbh the additional options over the ML stereo doesnt really worry me. I gather the ML stereo has an amplifier in the rear and to upgrade the speakers I will need to use Line Out converters etc which isn't an issue. With the standard non-ML stereo is it a conventional 'speaker wires into the back of the stereo' type thing? Hopefully both are straight forward to upgrade!

Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links