Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Did You Do To Your Is 200/300 Today

On 26/08/2017 at 11:56 AM, rincewind said:

They are such robust cars. Mines now on 145k and has never failed an MOT.

Wow, that's quite an achievement; wish I could say the same! I was amazed when I was told my old girl (now 175k) failed her last MoT with a broken front coil spring; a previous car of mine had one fail (at much lower mileage) and I noticed that at once. Second reason was for corrosion in the sills (patently obvious) but fortunately I had already budgeted for it and had lined-up the work at the same time. Other than that, a leaking exhaust, inoperable headlight cleaners and various cheese bushes have been the reason for fails in its 16 year life. If you replace the brake callipers and the suspension often enough, MoTs aren't a problem... :wink3: 

In it's life mine has had one offside front lower ball joint and all round damper renewal, and that's it suspension wise.  I recently spent a satisfying day replacing the radiotor and while I was there I also did the water pump, which didn't really need it.  

That is is all I've ever replaced in the car 

14 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Spot the difference :biggrin:

S7quc45l.jpg

iYTZFR0l.jpg

Thanks to J Henderson for the tip.

I've got an extra button on mine - Snow.  It reduces the throttle response and in the snow it.... doesn't help at all🤤

9 hours ago, rincewind said:

I've got an extra button on mine - Snow.  It reduces the throttle response and in the snow it.... doesn't help at all🤤

Ah yes, this was mentioned in another thread. I wasn't aware but button placement seems to depend on auto or manual, IS200 or IS300? My PWR and SNOW buttons are down by the gear lever.

nRyAZmfl.jpg

48 minutes ago, bullhorn said:

Hoovered the air and pollen filters.

Plenty of life left in them-must be the Yorkshire man in me...

Nothing wrong with that. But then I'm from Yorkshire :biggrin: I'll check the pollen filter in mine...

Had to pop back to the tyre fitters due to a slow puncture OSR. I couldn't see anything in the (brand new!) tyre but I was convinced I'd picked something up and was prepared for the worse. I was very much in a "so it starts" frame of mind. Turns out the inside edge of the rim just needed a bit of a rub down so the tyre made a better seal and job done. They didn't even charge me :wink3:

Next I had to have a bit of a run up an unusually quiet M1 and once again I was struck by how smooth and quiet this car is. But has to be the most unintuitive cruise control I've ever come across! A niggle.

Just clocked 123456 miles today.

In my partners 2000 is200 6speed (was mine up to about 5yrs ago when I bought my 2004 is200 auto).

She says it's still my car just in her name!

Good to drive an auto and manual. 

• Like 1

The car needed a clean and I've been wanting to try the Meguiars Wash And Wax Anywhere waterless cleaning stuff. Really, really impressed and also handy to use inside when it's raining. As happened half way through :wallbash:

So all the exterior cleaned including wheels and not a drop of water used. Smells nice too. Then the interior got a vac.

YXMWbiPh.jpg

AFk7oVUh.jpg

XKaFkwDh.jpg

Then I drove home and it's loppy again.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Oooo! No idea what they are but I want to see them fitted! :yes:

I'm useless with spanners so my mods are mod-lite and very much cosmetic. Currently looking at making some suitably retro ICE changes...

6 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Oooo! No idea what they are but I want to see them fitted! :yes:

I'm useless with spanners so my mods are mod-lite and very much cosmetic.

they basically sit like this: 

250xNx12345kkk.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ogCWvCte

They move the lower control arm further down for better steering/suspension geometry (no bump steer and stuff), and increase the camber by pushing the bottom out.

They are listed for GS300 but I'm fairly sure they will fit lol. Because the balljoint and spindle are the same between the two cars.

Currently looking at making some suitably retro ICE changes...

Oo what'd you have in mind? I'd love to somehow get rid of the ETCSi system. I don't know of anyone who did it successfully yet tho.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2017 at 3:54 PM, ax53 said:

Oo what'd you have in mind? I'd love to somehow get rid of the ETCS i system. I don't know of anyone who did it successfully yet tho.

Sorry. Didn't see this. ICE - In Car Entertainment. Nothing more technical than that.

Today I cleaned it (again) and thought I'd have a little shufty at the cabin filter. Took it out, gave it a vac, put it back. Continue to be amazed at how accessible items like that are. Two little pins to remove the entire glove box and you're in.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up this period JDM Alpine MD/CD head unit. I'm a bit of a sucker for Minidisc and I think it's rather splendid.

Being JDM the only instructions available are in Japanese but with a combination of Google Translate and MS Word I'm sure I'll be able to turn the demo mode off some time soon...

(Hope the video shows)

VID_20171120_120606.mp4

Me again.

Cleaned the MAF. Had been meaning to check it over and when I removed it the side facing the intake was absolutely black. A few good sprays and a good soaking with some contact cleaner and it looked brand new #10brakemod :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, bullhorn said:

Passed,

73000 miles still drives and looks like new. 

Nice work!

But to be fair, only 73000 miles and thirteen years old is hardly broken... :wink3: