Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Rob,

I have had my LS for two years this year....you had an Omega? shhhh, don't really reveal this to too many people - I secretly love the Omega's predecessor which if you remember was the Senator 3.0 24 valve and these were very popular with the old bill as a pursuit vehicle. The chip cutter grill was an acquired taste though :outforcount:

OK. OK. Jeremy, you've 'sold me' on Japex, how long have you owned it??? :winky: Hi Pete, I had Omegas for a number of years, 'dunno why'? But I did like them, especially the 3.2 parked on my drive. (Must get it advertised.) You mention £2K on your Lexus, my Omega stands me in at £7K so it was time for a change. Now just got to get someone to buy it and the 3ltr further down my drive. :wacko: thing is Pete, until buying this Lexus I thought the Omega was a fairly good car......

I thought the Omega was pretty good, did many a drive to Scotland in it, but a 15 year old LS versus 15 year old Omega, no competition.

if there is one minor complaint I would say the Philips RadioHead in the Omega was (is) way better than the Toyota electronics which seems to be nowhere near as sensitive, but having driven Vauxhalls on and off for 25 years, always found their radios to be good, with Ford Electronics coming a close second.

You should have no prob selling the 3.2, they are still a popular car for anyone who has not driven and LS.

I had a 2.5, best i could get out of it was 38mpg, best I have got out of LS is 36 (same run down the M5 at old doddering old g*t speed)

OK Jeremy, I know the Omega is nothing to shout about, but I liked them for a few years. I remember the Senator well especially the one that couldn't catch me in my RS500... :winky: I think it might be one of the reasons the old bill hung onto the Omega too, roomy and quick, in its day.

Hi Pete, I agree with the Lexus v the Omega comment, now that I have driven both. I hope you are right about my moving it on? I've got the 3.2, a 3ltr mini facelift and a...................Rover 75. 2.5ltr to shift too. Rover was the wife's car, she liked the interior?? I get 37mpg out of the 3L and the 3.2 at a steady 70mph. Not sure what the LS is returning but when I went to St Helens to buy it I used about a 1/4 tank in the Omega, used about the same on the way back in the LS at the same sort of speed. Only thing I am having trouble with is finding my way around the NASA designed cab. Must be an age thing???

When I bought my Mk 4 LS around 5 years ago, I spent ages trying out all the climate controls etc. for the past 4 and 3/4 years I've remained in "auto" and just set the temperature. She knows best.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links