Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New (updated) Sat Nav Disc.

Having recently purchased a 2008 RX400h with the sat nav disc of 2007/2008, I decided to update. Following information on this forum I got a quote from my local Lexus Main Dealer, and then got a quote from Lexus mapupdates.eu and found that their price was the best.

When ordering from their web-site it was showing a delivery of up to 32 days, but when I received the order confirmation it showed a delivery date of 05/08/2015, which I calculated to be 44 days. I decided that this was just too long as I wouldn't have the update for most of my trips out during the summer, so I cancelled the order on the evening of the 22nd. The site said that I would have a confirmation within seven days and I was surprised to have an e-mail from them on Tuesday morning 23rd. asking if I still wanted to cancel my order as the goods were being picked that day and would be despatched that evening.

I agreed to accept the order as long as they kept to that schedule, and low and behold the discs arrived late this afternoon.

I have posted this as information for other forum members who might be considering an update.

Obviously I haven't tested the disc yet, but to me it shows that if you don't ask you don't get.

Cheers

Roger.

• Like 1

How much did you pay?

You may not want to hear this now, but I have bought disks from eBay in the past, at a fraction of what Lexus would charge. These are original disks, not copies, sourced from Lexus owners outside the UK. Typically, your Lexus should come with a full set of disks covering the whole of Europe... some of which you may never use.

I bought mine from a chap in Germany who had no use for the UK disk.

Thanks for the thought Dan, but I purchased a full set of discs because I wanted a full set of discs. I did look on the "Bay" but I didn't see any full sets of 4 discs, neither did I see any 2015/2016 discs and if I'm going to buy new discs I want the latest, in my opinion it is much better to pay full price for the latest available than to waste half that amount for outdated discs.

Cheers

Roger.

Thanks for the thought Dan, but I purchased a full set of discs because I wanted a full set of discs. I did look on the "Bay" but I didn't see any full sets of 4 discs, neither did I see any 2015/2016 discs and if I'm going to buy new discs I want the latest, in my opinion it is much better to pay full price for the latest available than to waste half that amount for outdated discs.

Cheers

Roger.

Its worth noting that although the discs may be the latest version, they could be up to 3 years old. Therefore, the maps may not have roads on it made in 2012. My car is a 2012 running the 2012 disc but it doesn't pick up my house which was completed in 2010

Its worth noting that although the discs may be the latest version, they could be up to 3 years old. Therefore, the maps may not have roads on it made in 2012. My car is a 2012 running the 2012 disc but it doesn't pick up my house which was completed in 2010

This is the problem with any sat nav that is updated by discs rather that over the internet. Firstly the map supplier has to notice that there is a change to the road, then the maps have to be redrawn, this data is then sent to the sat nav supplier and finally after testing to make sure that there is no conflict the new maps are incorporated on the new discs.

The only way to get fairly recent information is to use a dedicated sat nav supplier such as TomTom or Garmin who updates over the internet as soon as they have the information from the map maker, or to use something like Google maps on a 'phone or tablet.

The point that I was trying to make was that considering the price of new sat nav discs I would rather pay the extra and get the most up to date information that was available. The discs that were in my sat nav were dated 2007 so they they probably had roads built in 2004/5 and nothing later.

I am absolutely over the moon with my latest purchase, my Rx400h, so at the moment I want to treat it to the best, I know, Daft ain't I.

Cheers.

• Like 1

My disks are way out of date, so I use my phone and an app.

But I still like the large street view the satnav gives me... :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links