Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wanted: Ls 400/430/460

TBH

I'm after an LS, although undecided on which model. Can afford a 460, but want best value rather than most toys/ newest model.

If I went with a 400 it would have to be a mk4.

Condition needs to be good, with clear evidence of a high standard of maintenance throughout the life of the car.

I am based in Kent, and would hope not to travel hundreds of miles...

Not in a rush, I have the next few months to find the right car.

Pointers on buying welcome, as are any actual vehicles that might suit my needs! This will be my first venture into Lexus ownership...

• Like 1

I'm after an LS, although undecided on which model. Can afford a 460, but want best value rather than most toys/ newest model.

If I went with a 400 it would have to be a mk4.

Condition needs to be good, with clear evidence of a high standard of maintenance throughout the life of the car.

I am based in Kent, and would hope not to travel hundreds of miles...

Not in a rush, I have the next few months to find the right car.

Pointers on buying welcome, as are any actual vehicles that might suit my needs! This will be my first venture into Lexus ownership...

A good MK4 is getting hard to find, it's also now 15 years since production stopped. It all depends on your budget. Personally I would ignore all the negative stuff you read about the LS430, it is a superb car which is truly ridiculous value for money, and still looks good. Reported problems can be avoided fairly cheaply. The main concern is probably the air suspension, which may or may not give you problems. If you include in your budget the possibility of having one converted to coils struts, you have a car that you will love! If you can stretch to a 460 then you also have a corker. Either way, full service history is vital.

Thanks- budget is undecided- I could go to 20K, but there is plenty I could do with the money other than buy a car... I just need to be pursuaded that a 2010 LS460 is 15K better than a 2006 LS430! Or 18K beer than a 1999 LS400...

I think I prefer the look of the 460's and mk4 400's, but my key consideration is comfort, muted road noise, and of course, reliability. A decent 2005 LS430 at around 5k might be just the ticket.

Do you know if Lexus will inspect a used car? Or of a good independent? I have a few things to look out for, but am no expert...

Really you would be better off finding a member of the LOC who would check it for you. Lexus would only be interested if it was a car they were selling. If you've got a potential budget of 20k, maybe you should buy one of each and tell us all which is best! I guess you have to test drive the different models to see which one does it for you.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links