Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Satnav Disc - How Important Are The Numbers?

Can anyone help please...

Although I tend to use my phone as a satnav, I would update my system if the discs were cheap ( used/ebay? ).

I have an RX300 and I know it's generation one. the numbers on my DVD are the 08664 are; 24121 and 70V311A

Q. Do I simply find a newer 'generation 1' DVD, or is it more involved than that? I see various used Gen.1 DVD's on eBay ...

What I did was to get the disc out of my sat nav and go onto Lexus-mapupdates.eu and put in the numbers from your present disc, and the site will tell you what is available, how recent it is, and what it will cost. The reason that I suggested that you had your disc with you is that there are several numbers on my disc and I entered the wrong one until I clicked on the help feature and it showed me the position on the disc of the required number.

Once you have completed the check on Lexus-mapupdates.eu you should have confirmation of your sat nav generation and the part number of the latest available disc.

Having just updated my discs I have a set of 4 2007/2008 discs complete with the manual which would be available very cheap if they were of any interest to anyone, but as mine is a Gen 5 sat nav I suspect that they would not fit yours.

Cheers

Roger.

Thank you.

On that website (Lexus-mapupdates.eu) I try my Generation 1 and either 24121 and 70V311A but neither give anything ... no results.

Is it me?!

( I'll check again )

I have 86271 70V311A ...

Would any of these fit? 86271-60W370B, 86271-60V660J, 86271-60W30, 86271-60A210 ?

When I went on Lexus-mapupdates.eu I entered the number from my disc and it did not recognise it, so I clicked the help button and it brought up a picture of the numbers on the disc, needless to say I was using the wrong number, I entered the correct number and disc was recognised and the recommendation for the uypdated replacement came up.

Hope that this helps.