Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turning Alarm Off

PWOOD

Last night my alarm went off twice in in quick succession . Each time I checked it and nothing was out order. It has been okay since however I have read the manual and its less than clear how I turn the alarm off but still have the car locked. I don't plan on doing it for obvious reasons but wonder how you do it?

The second time I opened all the front doors and turned the car on and off

The alarm is armed when locking the vehicle with the remote fob or smart entry and disarmed when unlocking uses those two methods. To lock the vehicle without arming the alarm you need to use the mechanical key.

Normally false alarms are caused by the interior motion sensor so a good compromise is to just disable that sensor whilst keeping the reset of the alarm operating.

Not sure about modern electrics but it used to be open air vents setting off the alarm, you could try closing the vents i suppose?

On a slightly related note my wife finds that she gets ouit of the car to retrieve something from the boot to find the rear door still locked, it is all a bit too clever with too many options sometimes.

Other than that I am loving the car, quite a contrast from our 3.0 Sportcross, but in a nice way.

One schoolboy question, is there a 'normal' 12v Battery in the car or is it that electric engine and boot batteries only?

I know you can't jump start these cars, but can you 'trickle' charge a hybrid??

Not sure about modern electrics but it used to be open air vents setting off the alarm, you could try closing the vents i suppose?

On a slightly related note my wife finds that she gets ouit of the car to retrieve something from the boot to find the rear door still locked, it is all a bit too clever with too many options sometimes.

Other than that I am loving the car, quite a contrast from our 3.0 Sportcross, but in a nice way.

One schoolboy question, is there a 'normal' 12v battery in the car or is it that electric engine and boot batteries only?

I know you can't jump start these cars, but can you 'trickle' charge a hybrid??

You can reconfigure how the locks behave by going into the vehicle settings..

On my 2013 there is a switch by the courtesy lights to disable the interior sensors each time you lock up? My car had problem the first day it was delivered and pretty sure I did this until the dealer turned down the sensitivity of the interior sensor.

I've just gone into the settings and I think that's the locks sorted, thanks a lot guys, this forum has been helpful to me over the years when I ran my IS300 Sportcross, decidedly old school compared to the CT!

Honest John, the Telegraph motoring correspondent, always stated you couldnt jump start the Auris Hybrid so i presumed the Lexus would be the same. Another peek at his website does state the Jazz hybrid can be jump started so i guess there's no reason to suppose the CT cant. RTFM as they say......

Mine has the same switch.. Thanks for the bit about the dealer being able to adjust the sensor if need be.

If I recall the sensor was in the rear tailgate or boot panels area when they did it

Honest John, the Telegraph motoring correspondent, always stated you couldnt jump start the Auris Hybrid so i presumed the Lexus would be the same. Another peek at his website does state the Jazz hybrid can be jump started so i guess there's no reason to suppose the CT cant. RTFM as they say......

Jump started is possible the wrong term but the 12v Battery can be recharged easily on all Toyota hybrids including the Auris and CT200. As the 12v Battery isn't used to start the vehicle you don't need a lot of power from a portable power pack to allow the system to power up and once in 'Ready' state the hybrid system takes over and starts to charge the 12v Battery itself.

Here's hoping i never need to find out! Mnay thanks for everyone's very kind responses, a great forum which will undoubtedly grow and grow.

Glad to see some fellow Scots on the forum, when i had the Sportcross i felt very alone up here, only ever saw one other, and that was a is200.

We could posbly organise a meet sometime in the future, down in the borders perhaps?

Ed in Glasgow

• 1 year later...

Hi there!

I also have a problem with the alarm going off. I just arrived back from North America to the UK. Spent there 3 month. I read that you can leave your car for 4-5 month idle. But when I came back after 3 month my car 12v Battery died. Central key was not working, Start button not working. I tried to charge the 12v Battery but it didn't take the charge. I ordered an Optima Yellow Top Battery, arrived 1 hour ago. Tried to replace it, but my CT alarm goes off. I tried to push the open, close buttons on the key fob, nothing happened, tried to lock unlock the car with the emergency key, nothing happened. What should I do?

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links