Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anybody Know Anything About The Japan Sourced Led Clusters?

personally I'm not a fan of LED's. Can't stand looking at the front of an Audi. Stupid looking daytime lights.imo.

Have you got yourself some of those Door lights that show the Lexus emblem on the gound?

I do have clear indicators but think thats about as far as I'll go with "modernising" the car.

Good luck to those who like to update - some of the extreme things they do to cars look and sound great. Love the 19 inch wheels but I like the barge to have an armchair ride rather than a bone shaker ride. My spines seen enough discomfort - twenty four years travelling on British Rail.

No definitely NOT the emblem thing or any other unnecessary illumination. . I only looked at them because I prefer the clear indicators. Not seen a rear cluster with clear indicators. Are they available then?

OK I have to admit that sometimes I look at a car and I get a bit bored with some part of it. With the Merc I had it for six years and I did look at rear cluster clear indicators on later models but was reluctant to pay £80 for something from Taiwan as the rust all around the car made the expense seem pointless and could be better spent. So, having dug out some 60's go-faster tape that had been sitting in a drawer, I thought I'd try to give the cluster a bit more definition, a bit of pizzaz. Initially I used silver tape which was OK and should have stopped there, but then I tried white. Mock me if you will, ( I can take it - I think!) but it did give the cluster a bit of a boost imo.

IMG_1439.jpg

yes it does look a bit spruced up.

those old mercs dont age very well - take a lex of the same age, throw a bucket of water on it and the paint gleams.

mercs on the other hand just crumble to bit and leather starts looking so tired - a neighbour had a p reg s500 and it looked unbelieveably tired - rust on the arches and creaking suspension!

Yes they are prown to erosion and my own was outside on the sea front so to be expected.- BUT the S500 V8 engine is a wonderful piece of engineering and the soft closure doors and rear sunscreen are sometihng I definately miss. Did Lexus add these things in later year Cars or on the LS430?

LED, but mildly off topic.

Guy on the Algarve has a newish Honda.

One rear light is out. Pulls out light assembly to see one 'wire' going in & no plug.

Rings dealer: "We can order one for you sir".

"But I only want a bulb".

"Sorry, it's a complete assembly that cannot be dismantled, 260 euros."

Yes they are prown to erosion and my own was outside on the sea front so to be expected.- BUT the S500 V8 engine is a wonderful piece of engineering and the soft closure doors and rear sunscreen are sometihng I definately miss. Did Lexus add these things in later year Cars or on the LS430?

yes the ls430 has both - electric rear sunscreen and soft closing doors

• Like 1

Might try a bit of gold tape on my lights - should go well with "beige", ermmm sorry that should be "Saharan Sand" Colour.

Easily removed thats the upside, and at £3.50 its a no brainer - definately is me! hahaha (must find those emoticons to save typing)

afterread -

did I really spell prone - prown!

Might try a bit of gold tape on my lights - should go well with "beige", ermmm sorry that should be "Saharan Sand" Colour.

Easily removed thats the upside, and at £3.50 its a no brainer - definately is me! hahaha (must find those emoticons to save typing)

afterread -

did I really spell prone - prown!

I'm quite partial to the odd prown cracker :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links