Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400h New Owner With A Question

Since buying my RX I have been working through a list of potential problems, gathered from posts on this forum, for which my thanks.

To date: Aux Battery replaced with 45 Ah.

Solar charger connected via OBD.

Power pack installed in rear.

Moon roof drain holes checked/cleaned.

Roof rail mounts & tail lights/valance checked for leaks.

Rear callipers were done by Lexus 12 months ago.

Chose the hottest day of the year to check the headlight level sensors !!! Rear N/S actuating arm was corroded/immobile. Removed, cleaned, freed & lubricated. A relatively straight forward job with the rear N/S wheel off. The sensor itself was well sealed and clean. All replaced with a generous coat of grease, which I appreciate will need a further application each year but better that than a £400 bill !!!

And so to my question. Where on earth is the front sensor ? I have had both front wheels off and cannot see anything attached to the front suspension which would perform that function ! Has anybody found this sensor and can explain its location/appearance, (photograph even better).

Car back in working order, I am sat in front of a fan with a cold beer to plan my next foray. Any thoughts you may have of items to be checked would be welcome, (when it gets a little cooler) !!!

• Like 1

Do they even have a front sensor? Would of thought only a rear one would be needed to sense any load put in the back. But I could be completely wrong :)

Thank you Steve and in particular Colin, (your depth of knowledge is impressive sir). It would not have occurred to me there was only one sensor ! I think you have saved me many fruitless hours and much frustration. So back to the beer !!!

Snap!

Checked my height sensors on Sunday too!

A helpful chap (whose name escapes me, murphybear??) did a great write up on the height/AFS sensors and even more usefully had pictures of the sensors taken on printouts of the service manual!

I was able to read the resistance readings and used my multimeter to check all sensors under the car for correct readings/operation.

Was a doddle to do once spare wheel was removed, and was able to shuffle under the car without jacking it up on my "mechanic blanket" (as I call it!).

Fortunately all sensors were OK and a clean/lube on each to help stave off inevitable corrosion for another year was performed.

So many little bits and pieces to look after and check but hey, while the weather is good, now's the time!

Happy motoring,

Chris

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links