Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Maybe if you had just bought a MG TF1500 (55 model) as your 68th Birthday present, the number plate could be put onto the MG.

I quite like the RAC badge as well, but that would look out of place of the TF1500

Gentlemen you are kidding? - MG car club members would die for the plate if it came cheap. I think I am right that it could be transferred once purchased? or am I wrong on this point?

I owned a Riley Linx and the four number and two letter plate was worth 5k.

JB - Jim Bean, James Bond, etc.

see he's pulled the Car from the sale. Perhaps he read this thread or recognised that he'd have to leave the plate on as bids had already been made - or perhaps some enterprising individual (no please not Lexus chap) steamed up to his place and thrust a wad of notes into his hand knowing he could make a killing.

........ hehehehe ........... . just found this on a Classic cars4sale email I get from time to time

See the registration !

Malc

IMG_3792.JPG

• Like 1

You are all quite right about the plate being worth more than the Lexus. A man cheerfully gave me £2000 for MG 7775 which I had on a motorbike. He wanted it for his MG TC, and that was fifteen years ago. I still have the motorbike, and best of all when I bought it I only paid £5 for it. It's all restored and running now, although only with an age related plate. It's the sort on thing that only happens once in a lifetime.

Opening bid was £10! & none after that & it still didn't sell. I'm not surprised though as the LS is in an appalling condition so much so it makes you wanna weep

Strange, I saw three bids to about £160. Unsure how you judged the condition as there is little neg info and the seller says in good condition - one owner car 85k on clock. ? Very poor photo's. did you go and see it?

Opening bid was £10! & none after that & it still didn't sell. I'm not surprised though as the LS is in an appalling condition so much so it makes you wanna weep

Strange, I saw three bids to about £160. Unsure how you judged the condition as there is little neg info and the seller says in good condition - one owner car 85k on clock. ? Very poor photo's. did you go and see it?

No I didn't BUT it appears you were correct I phoned & spoke to very pleasant lady (I assume the wife) who

told me that it had been in their family since new AND its just sailed

through an MOT cos its been sold & the buyer is picking it up

today......Dam another opportunity missed

Note to oneself STOP looking a gift horse in the mouth

Good afternoon gents,

I've been a lurker on the forums for a few weeks now whilst reading up on the LS400 and, please don't hate me, but I am the purchaser of the aforementioned car! It didn't have an MOT when the deal was struck, but indeed did go straight through the test, requiring just a bulb.

It has found a good home, and was not purchased just to MOT and flip on. It is in great order, and was indeed owned by the same family from new - an original sales invoice was even included in the paperwork. I hope to become a regular on the forum, and I'll start a separate thread to update the works taking place. I don't anticipate much in all honesty, a full service is on the cards for next week followed by a wheel refurb and bodywork detailing :)

The numberplate didn't come with the car and was retained by the family so it is currently sitting on a K plate. I did look into it prior to viewing the car and retail price was around the £5k mark so I would have thought even the likes of RegTransfers would have paid £2.5k for it.

Mark

• Like 2

welcome to the LOC Mark, you're a member of one of the most exclusive clubs in the UK and you will enjoy a possible lifetime of fantastic motoring with a most amazing car.

Malc

• Like 1

Here Here! and despite it being a might expensive at times (wo is me) there is a certain exclusivity about the product as there seems to be so few (?) around.

Its rather like the days of my youth when if dear old Patar saw an oncoming AA man on a Motorcycle he would get a salute as we had the "Badge" on our Car - and we kids would wave back.

Only once was I able to wave on "le continent" to a blue Lexus LS400 passing through Chabanais - difficult corner so not reciprocated but, nevertheless... and the only one I've seen in my several trips.

Welcome Mark and no we don't hate you :megaangry: perish the thought (says he through gritted teeth) :msn-cry: :msn-cry: Anyway welcome to the club & if you've never had a Lexus (paticularly an LS400) then you'll find the car quite awsome AND you'll wonder why you didn't do it much sooner

More than the £510 top bid on eBay, but less that the similar one advertised on AutoTrader for £1990 :shifty:

I've only driven the car 12 miles since last week - it has been carnapped by my girlfriend who has used it everyday since it arrived. Looking forward to getting it back at the weekend.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links