Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rb25 Engine Swap Advice

Daz24

Hi I've recently bought a is200 and I'm wanting a rb25 lump in it anyone know what's needed for the conversion and what brake up grades are ideal I'm new to the jap scene so all help will be grately appreciated, also my boss hasa complete 25 engine and gearbox etc out his 200sx I can buy so might be the bulk of the parts list???

RB25 in an IS now thats tasty not sure if anyone opn here has such a combination.. tbh most of IS oners here are either running stock with intake exhaust mods i think 1 or two have are running turbo/ supercharged but havent come across a member on here with a Nissan swap so not that popular. have you also considered a 1JZ/2JZ GTE or V8 swap.. considered dropping a V8 in my IS300 but would have been more cheaper and less of a hassle to upgrade to GS V8..

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a big nissan nut but turned to the IS for something different and cheaper!

You'll basically need

- engine with ancillaries and mounts

- gearbox and prop shaft

- ecu and engine wiring harness

The front subframe will need to be modified to fit the engine mounts/brackets.

Gearbox tunnel may need adjusted as the 5 speed nissan box will be shorter, and the gearbox mount will need modified to fit.

The Prop shaft may need cut to length and the original flange/uni joint welded on the end.

Thats the easy bit.

Im not sure how much of the lexus electrics run through the ecu or if the engine is separate altogether, if it is (i would recommend finding a wiring diagram for RB and 1G-FE) then its a case of splicing and using the wires needed. It sounds difficult but its mainly time consuming.

Hope this gives you an idea.