Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm trying to reduce the interior temperature when the car is parked.

Seat covers have helped, but the biggest culprit is the glass of the sunroof.

Normally I would spray the roof to reduce the heat soak, but not with a glass panel.

I have watched videos on roof vinyl work. What I don't know is how well it peels off paintwork after a few years, and how much damage it does.

Has anyone had any experience? - Obviously not on a Lexus LS. I mean who would think of applying vinyl wrap to one of the best built cars in the world....no matter how cheap they are :)

You thinking of a wrap of the whole roof or just the sunroof?

I am thinking of fitting a mirror window tint to the inside of the glass sunroof. This should hopefully bounce off some sunlight

Does the sunroof not have a fabric sliding panel underneath, like the LS 400? I would suggest one of those foil reflector thingies, for the windscreen, as the screen on the LS is quite sharply raked, letting a lot of sunshine into the car. They do help. The remote window opening feature also helps a bit when opening up

Yes Hugh, it has the sliding suede covered panel. It gets very hot, whereas the rest of the roof lining is just hot

We have a screen cover.

It's a pity the 'open all' feature cannot be tilt only. I often open the doors and tilt the roof (but only crack the cover) before we go out.

Granted my W124 MB is light blue but the lack of A/C in it has never bothered us. Similar rake of the screens, but the sliding roof is tin covered.

The 4wd we use is dark blue like the Lexus but is even cooler than the Merc: upright screens; plenty of headroom.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links