Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 Questions From A New Owner

Hi guys, love my wife's car but I have a couple of issues with it maybe you guys can help. It's ct200 advance , it has the sat nav with the dial not the mouse thing. I like to drive with the sat nav on taking me to my destination ,but what I don't like is the "woman" in the sat nav constantly telling me when to turn (I can see fine on the screen when to turn) , can I turn "her" off but keep the voice prompt for other things like "voice call option" ?

The other thing that's strange (I'm sure it's a fault) is there is an amber air bag on light in the Center panel , it's just above the heated seat switches , should this like go off ?

I suspect the amber light is for the passenger air bag? Lexus feel is necessary to inform you at all times whether the passenger airbag is enabled or disabled, in case you suddenly forget that you shouldn't have a baby seat in the front with the airbag enabled.

Unfortunately Lexus subscribe to the Nanny state mentality and don't let you turn off those warning :angry:

Thanks Colin but in the owners manual on page 25 bottom right hand side it states " these lights turn on when the power switch is turned to the ON mode to indicate that a system check is being performed. They will turn off after the hybrid system is on or after a few seconds"

Something I forgot , in the brochure it says that the wing mirrors can tilt to your needs automatically when reversing, how to I find/do that?

Something I forgot , in the brochure it says that the wing mirrors can tilt to your needs automatically when reversing, how to I find/do that?

Hi Scott, if your vehicle is equipped with this option, the adjuster button must be switched to either 'L' or 'R', they won't work if it's in the middle, i.e. neither chosen.

Hi Scott, if your vehicle is equipped with this option, the adjuster button must be switched to either 'L' or 'R', they won't work if it's in the middle, i.e. neither chosen.

I contacted Lexus via Twitter , they said only the f sport and the top car had this option , I was pretty sure I read some place that it did it but hay ho.

Has the airbag been switched off? Think the key is in the glovebox or passenger edge of the dashboard, should stay illuminated if the air bag is off.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links