Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying A Used Lexus Rx - Helped Needed

Hi,

I am a new member of this forum and am interested in buying a Lexus RX.

I have a budget of £11,000 and want to understand what age and/or mileage can I get if I buy from Lexus?

How reliable would the Lexus RX be, in view of the vintage that the above budget allows? What model is most sutiable, and what types of issues should I look out for?

I hope to get upto 5 -7 years use, at 12000 miles per year, and use it as a main family car for school drop -offs, supermarket visits and driving long distances to visit in-laws in France. Is this expected usage realistic?

Finally, what typical servicing and insurance bills should I expect?

I would be very grateful for any thoughts on the above as I really like the Lexus RX and what the Lexus brand stands for.

Thanks

I would certainly search the LEXUS dealer used cars... the warranty etc., brings extra peace of mind.

Welcome to the LOC.

For insurance I would use one of the many online quote providers like compare the market then get a direct quote from the company.

Lexus dealers are probably your best bet re warranties especially on the hybrid system, they generally offer an extended warranty for 1-3 years for an additional cost.

Servicing costs are based on age/mileage so fixed term and again Lexus offer this fixed price on older examples for minor and major servicing.

If you want a 400h from a Lexus dealer this will give you an indication on age/mileage for your budget

http://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/used-RX/RX-400h/3.3-SE/Exeter/1686940-605105873-1607082.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

Thank you for the recommendation. And do you think a car of that age, if well looked after will be reliable and provide up to 5 + years service? It seems from what I hear and read the RX can take high mileage and that one should not be put off of cars that are 7 + years old. What trim engine on the RX400 would you recommend?

Thanks

Welcome to the LOC.

For insurance I would use one of the many online quote providers like compare the market then get a direct quote from the company.

Lexus dealers are probably your best bet re warranties especially on the hybrid system, they generally offer an extended warranty for 1-3 years for an additional cost.

Servicing costs are based on age/mileage so fixed term and again Lexus offer this fixed price on older examples for minor and major servicing.

Thank you for the kind welcome to the LOC, and I take note of your points. Many thanks

If you want a 400h from a Lexus dealer this will give you an indication on age/mileage for your budget

http://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/used-RX/RX-400h/3.3-SE/Exeter/1686940-605105873-1607082.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

Thank you for the recommendation. And do you think a car of that age, if well looked after will be reliable and provide up to 5 + years service? It seems from what I hear and read the RX can take high mileage and that one should not be put off of cars that are 7 + years old. What trim engine on the RX400 would you recommend?

Thanks

It should last. The underside of the RX can start to corrode so I'd recommend it is treated before that starts to happen, really the only problem you would get is wear to the suspension, bushings etc. Plenty of high mileage examples exists with no issues to the engine or hybrid system.

As for trim level that is really a personal choice. The SE is a good level and the Nav options gives you the reversing camera which is also useful.

I bought 400h se-l a month ago 65k 08reg I looked at several similar mileage cars 07 and 06 models for around 11-12 thousands. One year ago my friend got 06 rx 400h se-l 80k miles for 10 thousand with 1 year warranty from a used car dealer

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links