Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Since I picked up my 2008 LS600hL a few weeks ago, I've noticed that the air flow from the ventilated seats is very much less than what I was used to on my GS450h. I can hear the fans running on the seats when I turn them on, but the air flow isn't enough to lift a tissue off the seat.

A few other threads have mentioned blocked air filters under the seats, but there are definitely no filters fitted to mine. The filters in the glove box and the boot are clean.

My local Lexus dealer couldn't find anything wrong and speculated that whatever had been used to clean the seats had left a residue that blocked the perforations in the leather.

Can anyone come up with a better idea, or even a solution??

Thanks.

Thanks for the diagrams and pictures, that makes it a lot clearer. I had seen a drawing that showed a square filter similar, but smaller than the air-con filter. I did feel someting similar to the circular filter in the photograph when I was rooting around, so I will look again when/if this rain stops!

Pat

Found them! They were exactly like the photographs, towards the front of the seat and closer to the centre of the car. The best way to access it is to move the seat as high as it will go and then move it forward until you can get your hand underneath (from the front) to feel for the circular filter. This has to be done blind, and the filter simply needs to be rotated until it pops off. Putting it back was a pig, as you need to align the filter with it's clips in the very narrow space and then rotate it until it's locked in place.

However, once I removed the filter it was obvious that it was reasonably clean, so a quick wash with some detergent (it's all plastic) and a rinse had it looking like new.

So, even with the filter removed there was no improvement in the airflow. Either there is another problem or else this is the normal state of affairs for this model.

Any other LS600h owners care to report how their seats perform?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links