Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Product Recommendation - Induction System Cleaner - Bg244

Just thought i'd mention a product I used recently and would definitely recommend.

I've tried to be as honest as possible as there are so many reviews online these days it's difficult to actually find a product that actually works. [seafoam - does it work or just produce smoke when it's burnt. Impressive but possibly pointless!] I've also listed why I tried it and what LED me to try it. It's important. (no one ever sates this fully!)

Anyway, onto the review...

I had done a full service on my car, including the evil fuel filter job, and I had also cleaned the egr all with improvements to drivability and mpg. All was well. Running great. Then, suddenly my mpg dropped which baffled me. From 36mpg, with mainly town driving, down to 28mpg. I spent most of my time in higher gears trying to bring it back up.

I researched online and decided to buy an induction cleaner which may help. I bought a cheaper (cheaper than the product i'm reviewing!) induction cleaning fluid, Liqui Molly, which came with varied reviews, but better than most. I tried the direct into the induction system method, one of the options available, but there was no difference. Not saying it doesn't work, but it didn't work for me with that method.

So I went deeper with my research and found this stuff:

IMG_1138-web_zpskg4nyynx.jpg

It isn't cheap at just over £20 but it came with great reviews all round. More info here:

http://bgprod.co.uk/products/fuel-and-air-intake/bg244

I chucked it in the tank once the fuel light came on, gave it a blast down the motorway/a-roads, then filled up to the brim. Back to 36mpg after a tank load.

I'll be honest, I thought once I emptied the tank and refiled it would go back down in mpg over time, but several refills later and still good mpg.

Recently, on a fresh tank, I went on a long journey (330 miles-ish) and I got great mpg...

IMG_1172-web_zpsxogbioog.jpg

...I even broke 56mpg at one point, but the M25 crucified that.

OK, motorway driving will always get better results but i'm currently on 48 and that's a 50/50 split with motorway and town driving. Few more days and i'll have to fill up so it won't change much. (FYI - I have a medium to heavy pedal foot!)

I'm not saying this is the solution to your problems, please do a full service first. Check the obvious, follow the diagnosis, get it on a code reader if you can and do your research before plummeting your money into something that 'someone' said is great on the internet. I want to avoid a bad rep for a product due to people expecting miracles. But, as in my scenario, you've done that and you have a similar high mile car it might be worth a try. The car just might need to clean its tubes.

Product states to use it 10,000 miles. For my part every two years is enough, which I will be doing. Depends on milage of your car of course. My motor did 130,000 without it. £20 over 2 years is pennies.

Hope this helps someone, anyone.

I will update the thread if anything changes. Again, also important.

Luke

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links