Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Celsior 430 - Speedo Conversion From Kmh To Mph

Stupidly, the Law says that cars in UK don't HAVE to show mph.

But.......

cars imported MUST be converted to mph!

So, if your MOT man 'didn't notice' the kph, then the car would still be fine!

Mine was already converted before purchase but it is a small 4 wire unit loomed into the wiring at the rear of the dash, if not already done you will also need a rear fog light fitting or converted for UK use.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi guys sorry to bump this thread - Toony, did you find out where to wire the chip, also which chip did you end up using? I notice youre local too - maybe when mine arrives off the boat we could have a mini meet!

cheers

Phil

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 12/2/2015 at 8:15 AM, Northern Lad said:

Hi guys sorry to bump this thread - Toony, did you find out where to wire the chip, also which chip did you end up using? I notice youre local too - maybe when mine arrives off the boat we could have a mini meet!

cheers

Phil

Never did get a chip or a wiring diagram so been driving in KM's.  Apologies for the late reply but wife took ill so everything was put on hold til she got better.

I had a Nissan 300zx twin turbo that had been imported and the main speedo was in kph but also had the mph in smaller numbers. I bought a converter but never fitted it. Passed the mot's without any concern every time. Japanese models were better spec than the uk models too with all leather interior instead of cloth. Fog lights were already fitted too. Only thing I had to do was make sure I knew the conversion limits. Some members of the club used stickers on the speedo for reference.