Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Parking Bay Nightmares.

Guys,

I have this ridiculous tight parking spot here, last one in the corner next to the Fiat. Up to now it was just about doable, but just this week a new car has parked into the free space behind me (next to Ford people carrier), I needed that to park into my spot.

Result, pretty impossible to use my designated bay. i pay give or take £800/900 a month to stay here and this is brutal. I got a £100 fine this morning as I could not park in my bay yesterday evening. I complained to the company issuing tickets and said I am going to appeal any tickets coming my way as I cant park in my space. Unless you can magically lift my car into the spot.

Whoever designed that place is thick, there is a huge garden there that should have been used for parking spaces, I spoke with some people around there and they said it was bad.

Unreal.

20150419_145523.jpg

20150710_200106.jpg

20150710_200119.jpg

Looks like the Fiat driver could do with some parking lessons do you normally enter and exit your car via the sun roof?

Why is there no marking line to the right of the Fiat?

Can you not swop spaces with another owner and run it past the CP owners?

Good job you don't have an LS :)

Could the Fiat not move over a bit as it looks a little one sided. I think if it was me I would ask whoever the managing are to reduce the plant growth so you can reverse in and have a dogs chance of getting out your car.

Pictures to them as well showing them the problem. Mike.

Could the Fiat not move over a bit as it looks a little one sided. I think if it was me I would ask whoever the managing are to reduce the plant growth so you can reverse in and have a dogs chance of getting out your car.

That is all done, I mentioned the kerb. They never listened to me of course. Photos and all that have been sent.

I am going to 'illegally' park in the area now as i have no other place to go.

• Like 1

That is all done, I mentioned the kerb. They never listened to me of course. Photos and all that have been sent.

I am going to 'illegally' park in the area now as i have no other place to go.

I would do my own gardening then if they aren't able or don't want to help you with the problem. Mike.

TP just on a tangent was your parking ticket issued on private land via camera or an attendant?

Or public highway / council land by a traffic warden / council traffic officer etc / police officer?

v66

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Its not the over growth, the kerb is a problem. Even if the kerb was gone it is very difficult to park the car there with 3 cars behind me. Anyone is welcome to try, I am quite an experienced driver. The fiat is way too close but its more than that.

TP can I just advise that you complete the popla process and maybe have a look at this.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/parking-ticket-appeals

The forum is also excellent and they guided me through a successful appeal.

Hope you can gain some satisfaction on your original parking bay issue.

Photos and video are really powerful ways of making the lack of manoeuvrability point.

V66

• Like 1

I do feel sorry for you, nothing worse than paying for something you don't get and even worse when you have to deal with people who quite frankly couldn't give a damn about your problem, I know its going to cost money but it may well be worth looking for a solicitor who could deal with it for you. Quite often a good legal letter from a solicitor is enough to do the trick as you are demonstrating to them you are not going away untill this problem is solved, and of course all your expenses can be reclaimed by you. Mike

Im not paying anything and certainly not seeing a solicitor. Anyone with 2 good eyes can see the parking spaces are inadequate, don't need a solicitor for that. The ethic people already have a complaint from me, any fines I get I am going to keep and just send them back to the address they come from. This parking fiasco is on going and my estate people know of it too.

TP, I can tell your frustrated by this situation, but when that's past, don't return the ticket to sender just do the popla appeal at least, as it buys time to harangue your developer about the issue. Trust me unless your developer calls the dogs off (ethicalparking) reasonably sharpish......it will get pursued and if it goes proper legal (as only pseudo at the moment) you will get further pain later you cannot control if you have not taken every formal opportunity to appeal and state your case.

I guarantee then your frustrations will definitely return at that point.

As mentioned before do some photos (maybe of your IS at acute angles trying to access the space) and measurements etc.

Hope helps

V66

well, i sent a firm worded email (followed by a letter to be posted monday) to the property owners here. They are aware of the situation but it has not got this bad until a 3rd car has taken vacancy of a bay behind me. I am pretty certain no one will be able to safely park my car on my designated bay as it stands. (Anyone in or around this area welcome to try! need to sign a damage form first :p)

I gave her 3 options to take and said I hope its resolved by the time I am back from holiday in a few weeks time.

a- find me an alternative bay

b- liaise with owners of a smaller car who is willing to swap places (highly unlikely, who wants my parking bay)

c- do construction around my bay to make a family sized car park freely and safely.

clearly the kerb/hedge has to go. I dont care about a hedge/kerb and some grass. I want to park my car

They have ample time to sort this out and I previously told them remove the kerb which they did not.

to me its pretty clear cut, as it stands the owners are violating my contract as my parking space which is on my agreement is not serving its purpose. My car is also at risk of being vandalised or damaged as it is not in a designated bay.

If they don't act upon the above 3 steps they can expect a solicitors letter.

I told them they are welcome to call over any work say after 6 when its usually full and try park my car without damaging it.

As for contractual breach tickets I get, I said I am going to keep them and send them back to the people issuing them along with a copy of this letter. (I already appealed ticket #1 i received on the website appeal section)

At the end of the day the parking spaces in this place are brutal, a 10 year old child could do a better job. That is not my fault. Property developers need to use some brains designing places from the outset, several bays are far too small and cars are in too close to each other.