Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Or No Sat Nav

I have ordered a new NX, but I can't decide if I want Sat Nav or not. I doubt very much I will use it much, probably a couple of times a month at best, so I was thinking I may as well just buy a good TomTom instead, as it would only cost me £160 rather than £995. The TomTom also has lifetime updates which is not available on any Lexus SatNav's and I understand they are about £150 each year.

I do think car manufacturers are taking the mickey out of buyers charging so much. There excuse is the have to pay a third party so make nothing on it themselves. Not sure about that myself.

I do know having SatNav will make the car more salable in the future if I ever did sell it, but I intend to keep it long term (5-10 years, so it's not an issue.

Anyway, has anyone got any advice. Is the Lexus SatNav really worth the money you have to pay?

Historically on other Lexus vehicles the sat nav also gives you the reversing camera. The NX has this as standard so it is very difficult to justify the cost of the, poor, Lexus nav system. Personally I wouldn't bother with a TomTom either, just use a smart phone app - get a Brodit holder for the phone.

I used my vehicle sat nav once. Took me ages to work out how to use it !

I agree with Colin, get a smart phone app. I use Sygic, £18 for ever after a one month free trial. I cannot fault it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links