Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys,

I'm the proud owner of a modded Toyota Supra TT (2JZ-GTE) and am now looking to buy a GS300 Sport (2JZ-GT) as a family car (that's what I told the wife!)

Do you have a section on what to look for when buying a second hand MkI UK Spec GS300 Sport.

I think I'm looking for a nice blue, 95/96/97 (M,N,P reg) at around 80->90K miles with Full Service history (?) 18" deep dish alloys. For about 8->10K

Anyone help or give my guidance. I've been modding the electronics on my Supra for years now so I know quite a lot about the Supra and the 2JZ-GTE but not the GS300. (The Supras got hybrid turbos now boosting to 18psi, about 400BHP, check out my homepage if you wish http://www.trlperformance.com/supra ,I'm an active member on the Supra sites.)

I know Nathan at TDI from long ago and I've seen TDI mentioned a lot here as well.

Can't wait to get the money through to buy one now.

Currently working in Camberley (Surrey) and living in Kenilworth, Warwickshire. (UK). In case you were bothered.

Cheers

Pete

ps. If you need any electronics designed for the GS300 or any Lexus for that matter then let me know.

hi Pete, welcome,

there are a few guys on here that are very good with the GS models which im sure will point you in the right direction............

have you seen the Toyota sister club to Team Lexus........

mat

>have you seen the Toyota sister club to Team Lexus........

Nope. I've only just found this. I've been looking at the Lexus soarer sites but at last found this in the UK.

Any info greatfully received.

am I correct in saying the 2JZ-GTE (Turboed version) of the GS300 is called the VERTEX? and is only available as an import?

Thanks

Pete

Hi Pete and welcome to the club

From what I have read you are after a GS300 Sport with the 2JZ-GE Engine, am I right

Unfortunately I haven't seen any blue ones knocking about,but if you click on the WWW box below it will take you to the website for where I work

And I do know there is a silver one and a black one in stock which are Series 2's or there is a Series 1 (97R)

Chris

Tried Mat no one would buy her :lol::lol:

I have a plan, I tell her I have seen this great car for her, she loves it , I buy it for her.

Then a couple of months later I buy a new Lexus, she can't complain cause she had a new car. works every time.

Still costs me dear in the long run, had to buy six cars to get three Lexus's.

Come to think of it , it would be cheaper to sell her :lol::lol::lol:

Thats for the reply Dave, and others :)

I've seen a few MkI Sports advertised now at about 8.5k->9K with 80->90K on the clock with dished 10" rear rims and in blue as well :D

As for tyres, I know!, the Pirelli Pzero Rossos on my Supra are 285*30*18 and they cost me £205 each from Bracknell Tyre and Battery (they were about £240 retailing at Silverline, my local tyre dealer.)

Excellent tyres though.

As for point 8. I know I want one but her in doors wants to make sure I take my time. Trouble is I've gone mad and purchased L100XUS as a private plate in the mean time, so I guess I'll have to buy one now............be a shame not to...

Oh and I'm coming to Billing but in my Supra guise, sorry. But I'll pop over and take a look at your patch.

I'll start up a couple of new threads on some different questions.

Thanks again all,

Pete

How about this one then.

We have just bought back a VERY nice GS300 Sport in black with dark tints, genuine 26k miles, 18x10's etc, but here are the good bits ;

HKS GT Turbine, HKS front mounted intercooler, HKS electronic boost controller and additional injector controller et etc. 300 hp and pulls like a train from idle:o

Unprated anti roll bars, lowered etc etc.

This car was convereted from brand new for a very wealthy client, and cost ££££££££££££££££ to do.

Shrek is here at the moment having his GS fitted with HKS exhaust and ecu upgrade, I let him drive the car and he came back with a BIG smile.

We bought it as a demo/customer loan car, but if anyone is interested in buying it, we may be interested in selling it

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by tdiplc

How about this one then.

We have just bought back a VERY nice GS300 Sport in black with dark tints, genuine 26k miles, 18x10's etc, but here are the good bits ;

HKS GT Turbine, HKS front mounted intercooler, HKS electronic boost controller and additional injector controller et etc. 300 hp and pulls like a train from idle:o

Unprated anti roll bars, lowered etc etc.

This car was convereted from brand new for a very wealthy client, and cost ££££££££££££££££ to do.

Shrek is here at the moment having his GS fitted with HKS exhaust and ecu upgrade, I let him drive the car and he came back with a BIG smile.

We bought it as a demo/customer loan car, but if anyone is interested in buying it, we may be interested in selling it

Mark

:D I have driven this car Mark let me take it out when I was Having My Gs Sport tuned. Man it is not to be missed. If I did not Love my car so much I would have snapped it up. It s awsome believe me... :lol::lol::lol::D:D:D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links