Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rc-f's Taken A Big Hit!

2 minutes ago, Bluethunder said:

Croydon are offering 3 years free servicing now. Has anyone been to look at this car? 

If it wasn't a 4 hr drive for me I would definitely take a look...

Don't they offer that with any used "F-car"? For me, it seems that anytime they have nearly new expensive Lexus to resale they offer either warranty deal or service deal (or both).

• Like 1

Before I bought my IS-F, I tracked prices for 8 months. The cars at many dealers would regularly jump up and down in price. The one I bought had varied by £3,500 over 2 months. Maybe its to do with needing to shift cars to meet sales targets per month or quarter?

• 2 weeks later...

I see a fully optioned 2015 blue RC-F with grey interior up for sale through a dealer at £34,975 now. I wonder is this the start of the sales for people upgrading to an LC500.

With a dealer asking £34,975, it'll probably end up going for a little over £33,000. As mentioned before, I suspect we'll see some vehicles on the private market very soon that could be picked up for the £30,000 target that some see as a psychological barrier :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ronaldo said:

I see a fully optioned 2015 blue RC-F with grey interior up for sale through a dealer at £34,975 now. I wonder is this the start of the sales for people upgrading to an LC500.

With a dealer asking £34,975, it'll probably end up going for a little over £33,000. As mentioned before, I suspect we'll see some vehicles on the private market very soon that could be picked up for the £30,000 target that some see as a psychological barrier :)

@ronaldo There's been the odd one or two isF's for more than that as an asking price, what they achieved is of course another matter.

Nice if you want the more modern RCF though 😏

Big Rat

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

My crystal ball tells me RCFs will be £25k in a year's time.  ISFs will be free with a pack of Cornflakes :)

Stick with it, those cornflake give-aways become rare collectors items in years to come...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, rayaans said:

Not giving anymore than £500 discount that's why

But £34k is kind of already 2.5k less than a month ago... so kind of makes sense.

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

But £34k is kind of already 2.5k less than a month ago... so kind of makes sense.

It was at £35k before that - they keep changing the price up and down

• 3 weeks later...

I was actually looking at prices of M4's, C63c's and RS5's current pricing of RC-F makes perfect sense. In fact considering negative press at launch it is surprising it holds that well. I understand that there are huge pressure on RC-F price when you can buy M4 for ~£32-34k (that is discounting long list of cat C/Ds), similarly 2014-2015 C63c (not a new model 2016+) and RS5s are starting at £28-32k. Now obviously, Lexus is at the wrong end of the stick, because RC-F always comes fully loaded in comparison with German cars and therefore should have a premium over them - this is unlikely the message which gets to potential buyer... I guess what helps RC-F is the rarity and dealers being able to "adjust" supply. What is actually mad is that there are still examples of IS-F above £30k - that cannot be explained and I am sure they have no chance of selling for that price.

Once Lexus brings out the smaller turbo engines then N/A V8's may one day command values above what might make normal sense.

Nostalgia carries a premium (link as example - not mine (sadly)). However, most people who see my car usually ask "what is it?" so that may not help :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-Delta-2-0-HF-Integrale/162596375120?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D44762%26meid%3D0c937682bb3e4cf7810814c0ba63a67f%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D112486427615

All smoke and mirrors. Who knows what will be desirable in he future. I suspect out of the F range it won't be the RCF - but who knows.

A BMW Z8 drove past me last week. For a car that everybody seemed to hate back in the day, the cheapest I could find is...... £135,000. Unlike the F range, the Z8 was well publicised and I believe starrred in a Bond film?7

21 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

All smoke and mirrors. Who knows what will be desirable in he future. I suspect out of the F range it won't be the RCF - but who knows.

A BMW Z8 drove past me last week. For a car that everybody seemed to hate back in the day, the cheapest I could find is...... £135,000. Unlike the F range, the Z8 was well publicised and I believe starrred in a Bond film?7

Yes indeed, The world is not enough managed to get it cut to half...

I am not sure... about RC-F (not becoming classic). In my understanding what you want is powerful, NA coupe as potent classic. Performance saloons like (IS-F) are much more niche and limited time products. As of IS-F particularly it means much more in Lexus history because of "first F", first car fun to drive etc. but it doesn't make RC-F somehow less potent classic. I am sure that what will be much more important is Lexus brand as a whole... if it stay popular then there is potential for old cars becoming classic, if it becomes Toyota hybrid cars division then older cars will hit total bottom. Look to BMW vs. Triumph, both were premium brands back in 60's .. BMW 503 and 507 are now classics, whilst Triumph's Spitfires are worthless rust buckets (btw BMW own Triumph brand). So the value of vintage car directly represents present fan base. 

21 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Who knows what will be desirable in he future.

No-one. Lack of heritage counts against it, and popularity. I just think any 5ltr V8 will command a premium (over other engines) having been legislated out of existence.  I'm not for one moment thinking I own a future classic.

On 7/24/2017 at 2:46 PM, Comedian said:

Lack of heritage counts against it, and popularity.

Trying to estimate what will become classic in future we need to look at it from that perspective that in 50 years time Lexus will be company with long and deep history (over 70 years) and with plenty of heritage created by cars like xx-F's, LC's and LFA's. Obviously, cars like IS220d or CT200h or for that matter IS250 would not be considered part of heritage or great classics, but any more interesting and rare car like IS-F or RC-F will have good chances.  

I keep hearing that he GSF is better than the RCF. I bet in a back to back half hour road test, I'd be hard pushed to provide meaningful critique separating the two.

@Flytvr, savagegeese on YouTube have some good Lexus vid's that also take a peek underneath to show model differences.

You may be right as he drove the RC and GS F's back to back and didn't find much between them.

• Like 1

That is not very surprising, considering they share most of the parts. What I have red so far is that RC-F is apparently less predictable in the corners than GS-F e.g. sometimes it oversteers, sometimes it understeers ...  people say that is apparently chassis balancing issue. However, here we are talking about pushing the cars to the limits on the track... and neither are track cars. I haven't tried either, but I am under impression that handling is overkill for any street scenario... after all if you really want track car I am not sure Lexus is best choice anyway, but for the streets they will identical.

@wendle - there is such rumor, but that won't be different car it would be just merge of ES and GS in the model line. I am quite sure in EU they will keep GS as ES is unknown here, where in US they will stream line model line, by dropping ES and introducing GS branded as ES instead. Currently, it is a bit confusing in US as they have 2 mid-size saloons in model line-up.

3 hours ago, Farqui said:

@Flytvr, savagegeese on YouTube have some good Lexus vid's that also take a peek underneath to show model differences.

You may be right as he drove the RC and GS F's back to back and didn't find much between them.

I've driven the ISF, GSF and both LCs, all in the space of an hour. On public roads I really don't think the driving experience differs vastly.

Yes, a day in each on some quiet Welsh roads may well be more telling, but even then, I doubt the difference between any of these cars would be that great.

I really did consider switching to an RCF, but apart from the updated interior and functionality, the RCF doesn't offer a big enough reason to switch. When I can't slap a warranty on the ISF, it may well be a different story.

• Like 1

Looking at average IS-F ~ say around 2010 and around ~£25k I agree RC-F doesn't offer much extra for extra £10k. However, it offer 2 less doors (I know ... less is more). 

The story is quite different if you looking for say 2-3 years old, low mileage car. For almost same price RC-F is much newer, lower miles car and it is coupe... Obviously, it depends on the person, but I personally consider coupe as more suitable shape for GP or Sports car. My point is that depending on your budget the perspective can change quite significantly. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links