Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rc-f's Taken A Big Hit!

4 hours ago, Flytvr said:

I've driven the ISF, GSF and both LCs, all in the space of an hour. On public roads I really don't think the driving experience differs vastly.

Yes, a day in each on some quiet Welsh roads may well be more telling, but even then, I doubt the difference between any of these cars would be that great.

I really did consider switching to an RCF, but apart from the updated interior and functionality, the RCF doesn't offer a big enough reason to switch. When I can't slap a warranty on the ISF, it may well be a different story.

For me the exterior looks stunning. I was at Lexus Stockport today and although they only had the Hybrid versions there they still look really nice and modern(inside & out). 

Out of the 3 colours(blue, red & metallic grey) I think the grey looked the best.  Even parked next to the LC500h it still looked good. 

5 minutes ago, Bluethunder said:

For me the exterior looks stunning. I was at Lexus Stockport today and although they only had the Hybrid versions there they still look really nice and modern(inside & out). 

Out of the 3 colours(blue, red & metallic grey) I think the grey looked the best.  Even parked next to the LC500h it still looked good. 

Exterior wise the LC is certainly (as you would expect) a cut above the RCF, making the RCF look old when parked side by side. Just as the RCF makes the ISF look old.

2 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Looking at average IS-F ~ say around 2010 and around ~£25k I agree RC-F doesn't offer much extra for extra £10k. However, it offer 2 less doors (I know ... less is more). 

The story is quite different if you looking for say 2-3 years old, low mileage car. For almost same price RC-F is much newer, lower miles car and it is coupe... Obviously, it depends on the person, but I personally consider coupe as more suitable shape for GP or Sports car. My point is that depending on your budget the perspective can change quite significantly. 

Yep, fair point.

I've always been a sucker for saloons. Must be the touring cars back in the early 90s. Oooooo THAT VOLVO estate

Rc-f was criticised for weight. LC is even heavier, no limited slip diff unless you pay for upgrade? I prefer look of rc-f personally. LC looks very sophisticated. Will they drop the rcf? Seems odd to have the 2 coupes in the line up.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Comedian said:

Rc-f was criticised for weight. LC is even heavier, no limited slip diff unless you pay for upgrade? I prefer look of rc-f personally. LC looks very sophisticated. Will they drop the rcf? Seems odd to have the 2 coupes in the line up.

Different marketing. The LC has been marketed as a GT. They marketed the RC as a Sports Coupe so had a bit of backlash because of its weight.  

Just seen the new add on Facebook where you have to guess the brand of the car making the noise. (It's promoted by lexus btw).

At the end they call it a sports coupe.

Mixed messages?

• 3 weeks later...

Now it is £32k... for 10k miles car! I believe that is properly cheap.... Wrap is ugly in my opinion, but at least paint underneath will be pristine: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201708258673426?radius=1500&model=RC F&sort=price-asc&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&postcode=e35nq&make=LEXUS&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1

Great price - would definitely remove the wrap though. 

Hopefully the paint underneath is pristine - some of these wrapping folk handle a blade like a machete

• Like 1

Issue is it is competing with the c63 coupe which does 60 in 3.7 seconds and a map alone can take it to as good as bang on 500hp and its handling dynamics are by all accounts, superb. It will also be easier to sell come time. 

In 12 months or so this is where I will be spending my hard earned. 

I bet that takes a while to sell in that colour. I would imagine they would be better off stripping the wrap and selling it in white

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

Issue is it is competing with the c63 coupe which does 60 in 3.7 seconds and a map alone can take it to as good as bang on 500hp and its handling dynamics are by all accounts, superb. It will also be easier to sell come time. 

In 12 months or so this is where I will be spending my hard earned. 

1) official time is 4.5s or thereabouts

2) having driven the c63 2012 model, it doesnt handle as well as an RC-F and is firmer.

3) also seems to be driven by yobs with no regard for other road users. A friend of mine tried selling one to an enthusiast. Ended up getting calls from people with vocabulary extending no further than bro.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bluethunder said:

@Stuno1 I'm sure the 2012-2015 C63 has less bhp than the RCF so are you sure about the 3.6 sec 0-60 time?...

The 2012-2015 coupe has 450bhp and a map alone takes it to 500hp.

See the article below for 60 sprint.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2012-mercedes-benz-c63-amg-coupe-page-2

Ordinarily id be all for the Lexus but I think on this case the c63 looks better from an exterior perspective and the reviews of the handling characteristics seem much more positive than the rcf. The coupe also gets a better write up than the c63 saloon as it apparently has better handling due to some suspension tweaks and wider front and rear tyres. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Flytvr said:

I wouldn't dream of buying the Merc. I test drove one the other day, it felt like a one trick pony - all engine. Build quality wasn't great either.

Pictures and reviews seem to favour the quality of materials and finish of the amg model. I guess I'll find out when I take one out. 

The a45 however seems to get a bit of a hammering for its plastics and cheap materials.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

The 2012-2015 coupe has 450bhp and a map alone takes it to 500hp.

See the article below for 60 sprint.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2012-mercedes-benz-c63-amg-coupe-page-2

Ordinarily id be all for the Lexus but I think on this case the c63 looks better from an exterior perspective and the reviews of the handling characteristics seem much more positive than the rcf. The coupe also gets a better write up than the c63 saloon as it apparently has better handling due to some suspension tweaks and wider front and rear tyres. 

Maybe good handling for a muscle car but it doesn't go around corners well if that's what you're wanting. Its a proper old school vehicle ie straight line speed and skittish in the corners.

The material quality is the same as the other C-classes. They didn't change the interior much. I think the biggest complaint that the Merc got was the huge masses of elephant hide look plastic on the dashboard.

Best to drive them both to be honest with you and you'll see what I mean. Most reviews say the IS-F isn't great either

The C63 was my second choice when I got the IS-F. It was £10,000 more for a similar age and mileage. More of a problem was the need to interact with MB dealers. Of all the ones I've met, only one of them made the potential customer experience anything other than awful.

In the end I test drove the C63 from an independent garage

1 hour ago, MNMJ said:

The C63 was my second choice when I got the IS-F. It was £10,000 more for a similar age and mileage. More of a problem was the need to interact with MB dealers. Of all the ones I've met, only one of them made the potential customer experience anything other than awful.

In the end I test drove the C63 from an independent garage

Yep, dealers tend to be rubbish and the C63 does come with HUGE bills. I think the services are around £500-800 each