Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rc-f's Taken A Big Hit!

I drove the RC-F and GS-F back to back in Madrid last month. Got to say, the GS-F, although it has the same engine is miles apart - it handles better than the RC-F, something I didn't expect at all! No issues with weight either - its much more fluid and has a better ride.

Im struggling to see the appeal of the RC-F now as the GS-F comes fully loaded for £70k and an equivalent RC-F would cost £65k That difference in price is really minimal at that price point but wow they have done a great job on the GS-F!

Almost feels like they made a half arsed attempt on the RC-F after driving it.

thats interesting i went to the dealership today and they told me you wouldn't get much change from £80k for the GS-F, will see next month when they arrive at the dealerships.

• Like 1

The LFA was a completely different car, that was honed to perfection, something the RC-F lacks.

I think you may have just lost any credibility you had there. Comparing a £350k engineering tour de force with a £65k GT car just demonstrates a complete lack of understanding.

• Like 1

...and as it's the subject matter of the thread, it will be interesting to see what 'hit' the GS-F takes after a few months of limited (exclusive?) sales.

Let's see if it's worse than the BMW M4 and its £22k in 4 months... :wacko:

thats interesting i went to the dealership today and they told me you wouldn't get much change from £80k for the GS-F, will see next month when they arrive at the dealerships.

I'd look for a new dealership then if they think £10k isn't a lot of change.

The GS F is available to order now, price £69,995 on the road. Deliveries to UK customers will begin in February 2016.

The LFA was a completely different car, that was honed to perfection, something the RC-F lacks.

I think you may have just lost any credibility you had there. Comparing a £350k engineering tour de force with a £65k GT car just demonstrates a complete lack of understanding.

Not really. Lets compare it to something like the new C63 AMG coupe then which is INSANE. Arguably has a better interior and is a lot faster and lighter. So why is it that Lexus charges £60k for the RC-F? Maybe if the car cost £55k then it'd have something going for it but its lacking behind rivals at the price point that its been put at.

The C63 AMG is lighter, faster, STILL has a V8 albeit turbocharged but it still has relatively linear power delivery. Its hard to see why Lexus made the RC-F how it is. They could have done much more at the price point, especially when competitors can.

And when you consider the GS-F is pretty close to perfection at the price point its at, its hard to ignore that the RC-F isn't up there, even with the GS-F when driven back to back.

I drove the RC-F and GS-F back to back in Madrid last month. Got to say, the GS-F, although it has the same engine is miles apart - it handles better than the RC-F, something I didn't expect at all! No issues with weight either - its much more fluid and has a better ride.

Im struggling to see the appeal of the RC-F now as the GS-F comes fully loaded for £70k and an equivalent RC-F would cost £65k That difference in price is really minimal at that price point but wow they have done a great job on the GS-F!

Ill be honest, your dealer needs sacking if he doesnt know the price of the GS-F yet - its been out for almost 2 weeks! Its £69995 only options being paint, ML, sunroof and orange calipers.

However, I would like to point out that he needs sacking for his obscure psychological tactics and not for not knowing the price - common crap amongst Audi and BMW dealers is to tell you an over inflated price before launch to make the customer feel that the price is better than expected and therefore a good deal.

What a good salesman would do is A - either find out the price or say B - itll be released at launch.

Every purchase is a value proposition, with pros and cons to deliberate over.

I'm not really sure what you're getting at; you now mention the 'insane' C63 AMG, but first reviews state clearly that this is a vehicle almost unhandleable in the wet - "it will have you in the bushes with the faintest of prods" - Top Gear only 3 days ago. Another car that can't get the power down as it's torque delivery ISN'T linear - it peaks very quickly and stays there (in the bushes with the M4, no doubt). Don't get me wrong - I'd love a go in one, in the right conditions...

I'm very much looking forward to driving the near-perfect GS-F now though; I'll give you my thoughts for what they're worth soon after... :)

• Like 1

Ill be honest, your dealer needs sacking if he doesnt know the price of the GS-F yet - its been out for almost 2 weeks! Its £69995 only options being paint, ML, sunroof and orange calipers.

However, I would like to point out that he needs sacking for his obscure psychological tactics and not for not knowing the price - common crap amongst Audi and BMW dealers is to tell you an over inflated price before launch to make the customer feel that the price is better than expected and therefore a good deal.

What a good salesman would do is A - either find out the price or say B - itll be released at launch.

Yes sorry I should have been clearer with the costing by the

dealership.

This was a personalised costing which was to include

Sun roof, ML, paint, coloured callipers, tyre and wheel ins,

gap ins, car mats, boot liner, and new car protection by my local detailer. So it

was only a ball park figure by the dealership

dealership.

gap ins, car mats, boot liner, and new car protection by my local detailer. So it

Looking for a change already?

Hopefully Lexus learnt from the mistakes /feedback from the RC F's launch in improving the GSF, hopefully this will see many improvements when a facelift arrives. How every i think as a GT car rather than a track monster the RCF is a fine car and it looks the part far more than an M4 or C63, which are just standard business saloons with a loud engine and sporty bolt ons. Admittedly they have dynamic ability under the skin, but i would much rather see an RCF on the drive every day, and to drive on the road 95% of the time. If i knew i could get one for £45k i should of held fire on my IS, sadly not yet got the money to buy two cars at once.

Dont get me wrong, im not saying the RC-F is awful or anything - its very good - but I feel it could still be a lot better than it is at the moment.

I think the engineers definitely learnt from the RC-F and made the GS-F better as a result. The gearbox feels different, its much more eager and shifts almost instantly.

Now we just have to wait for an RC-F mid-cycle refresh to see if they address some of the issues.

There seems like a correlation going on here:

RC-F owners. Love it and find its qualities flourishing over time. Mine keeps getting better and better by the way.

Non RC-F owners. Have all sorts of valid personal reasons to disparage them, many of which involve imagined competitors.

Its odd, because the IS-F seems to have universal appeal.

Have to say I loved my IS-F for many reasons, but the RC-F is in a different league.

It's funny - they say 'you never know what you've got 'til it's gone' - maybe those who wished they'd experienced the IS-F and didn't have the fortune to do so are kind of missing it now and the appeal is a function of it no longer being available, and the fact that the world has learned alot about the IS-F over time that has challenged many an opinion, and in a positive way more often than not.

Dont get me wrong, im not saying the RC-F is awful or anything - its very good - but I feel it could still be a lot better than it is at the moment.

I think the engineers definitely learnt from the RC-F and made the GS-F better as a result. The gearbox feels different, its much more eager and shifts almost instantly.

Now we just have to wait for an RC-F mid-cycle refresh to see if they address some of the issues.

I agree; if there's one thing that frustrates me from time-to-time it's the gear shift speed. At higher revs in Sport + it doesn't cause any problems, but not quite so 'slick' in other modes / conditions. A software up-grade for slicker shifts? I'd pay for that. In my opinion that's one key area in which the M4 DCT trumps the RCF :(. Thankfully, it more than makes up for it as a complete package :D.

You're very fortunate to have driven the RC-F and GS-F back to back Rayaan, Will you be buying the GS-F? I'd love to hear what its like to live with as it might be my next car when I change in a few years.

I wonder if, with such limited numbers, there should be a aggregated 'F' forum to encompass IS-F, GS-F and RC-F. Maybe we could hold a place for the NX-F or CT-F. It wouldn't surprise me if they were in the pipeline to compete with various German offerings.

dealership.

Looking for a change already?

No Stu, just iterrested to see what the price came out at, i only need 2 doors so i am happy with mine it does what i want it to do, as i am not interested in the GS-F i haven't kept up with it so didn't no the price for the UK had been released, i will have a go in one when mine goes in for a service next year,

You're very fortunate to have driven the RC-F and GS-F back to back Rayaan, Will you be buying the GS-F? I'd love to hear what its like to live with as it might be my next car when I change in a few years.

I wonder if, with such limited numbers, there should be a aggregated 'F' forum to encompass IS-F, GS-F and RC-F. Maybe we could hold a place for the NX-F or CT-F. It wouldn't surprise me if they were in the pipeline to compete with various German offerings.

Im really tempted but I think Im going for the new RX. If they made an NX-F though, Id take that - I carry a lot of bulky items which just wouldnt fit in a saloon.

Now if they build this, we could both shift stuff around at very high speeds.

Its almost perfect; just a bit too much like a Scirocco around the C-pillar

Lexus%2BRC%2BF%2BShooting%2BBrake2.jpg

Now if they build this, we could both shift stuff around at very high speeds.

Its almost perfect; just a bit too much like a Scirocco around the C-pillar

Lexus%2BRC%2BF%2BShooting%2BBrake2.jpg

Now now then, imagine that with the floating roof line from the new RX :P

Id buy it if they ever took it out

• 3 months later...
15 minutes ago, Martin F said:

Errrrr they keep tumbling.....

http://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/used-RC-F/RC-F/5.0/Birmingham/4186991-605465651-1607039.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

Mind you some of the details in the advert are a little suspicious, 1 speed autobox and hybrid. !

Errrrr... that's not an RC-F :smile:.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links