Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rc-f's Taken A Big Hit!

That would be about par for the course at around 30% in the first year with VAT at 20% plus all the other first year taxes and delivery charges.

My M4 lost £17k in only 4 months, and that was only thanks to Lexus offering me £4k above the best price a BMW dealer would be willing to stump up.

It's an expensive game, of that there is no doubt my friends...

17 minutes ago, 3 MSF said:

That would be about par for the course at around 30% in the first year with VAT at 20% plus all the other first year taxes and delivery charges.

My M4 lost £17k in only 4 months, and that was only thanks to Lexus offering me £4k above the best price a BMW dealer would be willing to stump up.

It's an expensive game, of that there is no doubt my friends...

Screw the RC-F Im more interested in the RX you have in your profile pic! :P

2 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Screw the RC-F Im more interested in the RX you have in your profile pic! :P

I thought you might be!

Incredibly quiet - a significant step up from the previous model which I was a fan of anyway.

For a couple of weeks after letting the RC-F go (sad occasion) it felt like something was missing from my life, then I realised what it was... petrol station visits!!

Very pleased with it so far. I'm a sucker for the ML sound system, but then it is a bit special...

If you can get a good price on one of these then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one. They even drive better - definitely flatter through corners, and with the 'customise' setting you can muck about with the throttle mapping, steering and suspension characteristics, which is nice. :smile:

1 hour ago, 3 MSF said:

I thought you might be!

Incredibly quiet - a significant step up from the previous model which I was a fan of anyway.

For a couple of weeks after letting the RC-F go (sad occasion) it felt like something was missing from my life, then I realised what it was... petrol station visits!!

Very pleased with it so far. I'm a sucker for the ML sound system, but then it is a bit special...

If you can get a good price on one of these then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one. They even drive better - definitely flatter through corners, and with the 'customise' setting you can muck about with the throttle mapping, steering and suspension characteristics, which is nice. :smile:

And thats the Premier! I'll most likely be going F-Sport :P Going ex-demo this time I think but all the one's ive seen so far have the ICE in the rear and I dont want that!

1 hour ago, 3 MSF said:

No Mark Levinson either...

There's one in Bolton - its not a demo but a cancelled order I think which has the HUD, ML and Pan roof - only issue is, its Graphite Black!

Nice but it will always look dirty. That's one of the reasons I ordered sonic titanium ; you can't see the fine coating of dust / water splashes from day to day driving. Mine's 'filthy', but it doesn't need a wash yet!

14 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

One up for 44 on auto trader and a number up for 48. That's a 20k hit in one year :(

I remember the last few ISF's going for £39995 to get rid of them. Retail was £59995 then.

We should of all bought a Porsche Macan....prices gone up 20% !!!

• Like 1

I looked long and hard at the Macan, visiting the dealer, reading the literature and looking at all the on-line reviews. I'd have had one but as soon as you started putting anything in them (Pan roof, hi-fi etc.) the price went through the roof! From a value proposition perspective, and the aftersales relationship / experience which is second to none, the Lexus wins hands down in my opinion.

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 5:46 PM, Stuno1 said:

One up for 44 on auto trader and a number up for 48. That's a 20k hit in one year :(

Lexus Birmingham got one up for £39k. Forget getting that RC300h now :yes:

• Like 1

The one at Birmingham is a RC 300h F-sport with 1,000 miles at £39k.

No RC only model on the Lexus Used cars site yet.

Lexus Edinburgh have a 15 plate RCF  with 11,000miles at £44,000 cheapest one seen so far.

8 hours ago, Lexie04 said:

The one at Birmingham is a RC 300h F-sport with 1,000 miles at £39k.

No RC only model on the Lexus Used cars site yet.

Lexus Edinburgh have a 15 plate RCF  with 11,000miles at £44,000 cheapest one seen so far.

See that now I've had a closer look but it shows that they have had no interest even at £39k or the add would be corrected.

On 3/8/2016 at 7:43 AM, stevet said:

See that now I've had a closer look but it shows that they have had no interest even at £39k or the add would be corrected.

Id assume most people just saw the pic and didnt bother enquiring.

By the time you take the VAT off I don't think it has dropped in price any more than any other car I have owned, I used to get new fords at 27% off, keep them a year and sell them for the same price as I purchased them for

19 minutes ago, wendle said:

By the time you take the VAT off I don't think it has dropped in price any more than any other car I have owned, I used to get new fords at 27% off, keep them a year and sell them for the same price as I purchased them for

I've never understood the VAT bit. I thought a car just sold for what people are prepared to pay.

On 8 March 2016 at 7:43 AM, stevet said:

I think it is out of the dealer's hands even if they had enquiries, the highly competent people that run the Lexus website and backend database need to add the RC model options to the user car section.

3 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

I think it is out of the dealer's hands even if they had enquiries, the highly competent people that run the Lexus website and backend database need to add the RC model options to the user car section.

There also appears to be an IS300h F-Sport for £40k which only has 2 doors!! Its a one of a kind special edition I think....... :P

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Lexusman007 said:

You can buy them used with 10k on the clock for £46k now 

they £40k buy the end of the year 

prices are dropping fast 

You can get about £3k off their advertised price too, they're keen to shift them off I think.

Yes, Broadspeed are offering new RC-Fs at £3k discount. Interestingly you can get £6k off a  £60k Jaguar F-Type or £8k off an M4 from the same place.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Martin F said:

Ah yes - same car in Shmee150's test drive from Lexus Reading. To be fair it has a lot more miles on it compared to the other ones over £40k. The one in Leicester looks really good

• 3 months later...

The article below is focusing on a 2015 car with 17,968 miles currently on Autotrader for £36,750. Some of those commenting seem to be of the opinion that the equivalently priced M4 is a better buy (not in my opinion) :) 

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/hilarious-depreciation-makes-this-471bhp-lexus-rc-f-look-like-a-bargain/

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links