Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rc-f's Taken A Big Hit!

The one in Lexus Croydon has dropped to £35k.

They seem to have a lot of bother shifting these. I wonder is it:

1. People having a test drive and not being impressed;
  2. Lack of knowledge of the existence of the car - a catch-22 with there being so few on the roads compared to M4's and C63's;
  3. The negative press - my impression is that most of the negativity is slanted towards it's capabilities on the track as opposed to the road;

On another note, the lowest asking price for the GS-F is now £45k. :)

I'd say it's #2

Mine's the 300h but so many people have commented they'd never seen or heard of the RC. Even on the forums, not been posted before, never heard if it.

I'm not bothered to be honest. The car's rarity is part of it's appeal. There are soooo many MBs and BMWs  it such a breath of fresh air. Long may it last (I'm sure Lexus doesn't think the same...)

• Like 1

And 46k for a carbon pack model. That's a heck of a dip from 72k ish new??? Amazing value at current prices. I wonder how much the cars will come down year on year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Going back over this thread, it appears that November of last year was when we'd our first sub £40k RC-F listed.

Now, 6 months later, we have our first 2016 model at sub £40k (and with TVD/MARK LEVINSON).

First UK deliveries of the LC500 and LC500H are 3 months away which may put some further downward pressure on the RC-F.

12 minutes ago, Bluethunder said:

I'm surprised that the one at Lexus Croydon for £35K has not been sold..

Yep thats true, probably won't negotiate on it or something.

9 hours ago, Bluethunder said:

So am I. It has been listed for a long time.

Was tempted to go and look at this one myself before I bought mine, but am not so keen on red interiors.

Has anybody on here been to see it?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Martin F said:

So am I. It has been listed for a long time.

Was tempted to go and look at this one myself before I bought mine, but am not so keen on red interiors.

Has anybody on here been to see it?

I believe "red" interior looks very good in real life it is more like dark red/burgundy - in pictures, it looks more like bright red.

There does not seem to be a lot of demand for the RC let alone the RC F. When dealers find it difficult to sell new cars, thesame will go for used vehicles. The market is just too small, no demand, therefore these cars depreciate faster than the competition. When there are no buyers you can decrease whatever you want but it wont help.

I expect thesame to happen to the LC500. 

Most likely these cars will end up with a small group of enthusiasts when pricelevels have bottomed out !!!   

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

There does not seem to be a lot of demand for the RC let alone the RC F. When dealers find it difficult to sell new cars, thesame will go for used vehicles. The market is just too small, no demand, therefore these cars depreciate faster than the competition. When there are no buyers you can decrease whatever you want but it wont help.

I expect thesame to happen to the LC500. 

Most likely these cars will end up with a small group of enthusiasts when pricelevels have bottomed out !!!   

These are only watch list when they bring out the 'f' equvelant for the reasons you state. 

On 5/19/2017 at 2:08 PM, Bluethunder said:

Now available with £99/month finance, basically you pay ~ £604/month rent for 2 years after which you have an option to buy the car for £23,647.50:

**£12,264.77 CUSTOMER DEPOSIT**BALANCE TO FINANCE £23,235.23**23 PAYMENTS OF £99 FOLLOWED BY GUARANTEED FUTURE VALUE/FINAL PAYMENT OF £23,647.50**TOTAL AMOUNT PAYABLE**38,189.27**24 MONTH TERM BASED ON 8,000 MILES PER ANNUM**5.9% APR**CALL 0208 649 5980 FOR MORE DETAILS**FINANCE SUBJECT TO STATUS**, £34,650 Non VAT Qualifying

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking about an RCF. I'm watching prices carefully. 

Personally I think the car (like the ISF) has so few followers, it is always going to be tough to sell.

As others said, I can only see the arrival of the LC  as further pressure on RCF prices.

I'm not sure the red leather puts everyone off, but I'm not a big fan. 

I wish the hue were more like RC300h/200t - I do like RC-F black/red anyway, but it would be even better if red would be more burgundy... Actually, if I would seek attention white/red would be my choice.

My opinion - people are put off by the risk of car dipping even further down aka waiting for a better opportunity. It will make a sale when supply/demand going to make equilibrium, but so far it was dropping in value £1000/month just by sitting in the dealership. That is because there are too many unsold and "PX'ed back" cars and no demand. Look at this thread in November it was just touch below £40k. But...not many sales needed to balance supply and demand - it is enough to sell 3 RC-F and we back in 40k range.

Soon people start realising good value - there is IS-F which is more expensive (at £35.5k) which would be madness to buy considering RC-F is 2 years newer, has fewer miles and all around more modern + still on warranty. It doesn't mean RC-F going to stop dropping in value, but at some point, it is going to slow down significantly. 

13 hours ago, Linas.P said:

I wish the hue were more like RC300h/200t - I do like RC-F black/red anyway, but it would be even better if red would be more burgundy... Actually, if I would seek attention white/red would be my choice.

My opinion - people are put off by the risk of car dipping even further down aka waiting for a better opportunity. It will make a sale when supply/demand going to make equilibrium, but so far it was dropping in value £1000/month just by sitting in the dealership. That is because there are too many unsold and "PX'ed back" cars and no demand. Look at this thread in November it was just touch below £40k. But...not many sales needed to balance supply and demand - it is enough to sell 3 RC-F and we back in 40k range.

Soon people start realising good value - there is IS-F which is more expensive (at £35.5k) which would be madness to buy considering RC-F is 2 years newer, has fewer miles and all around more modern + still on warranty. It doesn't mean RC-F going to stop dropping in value, but at some point, it is going to slow down significantly. 

The interior colour is the same across the range - its all Rose red but lighting in pics makes a huge difference.

31 minutes ago, rayaans said:

The interior colour is the same across the range - its all Rose red but lighting in pics makes a huge difference.

Good point. 

The pics I've seen on autotrader look awful.

If it looked like the following image, then I quite like it.

Lexus-NX-Interior_b_low.jpg

3 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Good point. 

The pics I've seen on autotrader look awful.

If it looked like the following image, then I quite like it.

Lexus-NX-Interior_b_low.jpg

Its not that dark. 

The closest pic I can find to the shade of colour is this 

auto-show-photos.asp?imageId=168165&gall

1 hour ago, Bluethunder said:

The price of the black one at Lexus Croydon has now increased to £35,500!... Was £34,650. Bizarre.

I believe £34,650 was only with £99/month finance offer aka promotion for finance.

I just realised last week IS-F was added for £35500 whilst RC-F was at £34650 - I wonder if they in Croydon looked it and was like "guys I guess we have it a bit too low, even 2013 IS-Fs goes higher than that".

So they might not take any offer on it.